1. The BeaverQ Turtle Derby is produced by Grand Ideas for Grand Island or GI2.
2. A minimum of 2,000 turtles will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
3. All turtles entered are and shall remain property of The BeaverQ Turtle Derby. Once the turtles are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any turtle is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the race committee.
4. The BeaverQ Turtle Derby will take place at the Beaver Island State Park in Grand Island, NY. The race course will be established by the race committee. The BeaverQ Turtle Derby reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond The BeaverQ Turtle Derby’s control.
5. A number will be attached on the bottom of each turt;e relating to the number on the adoption papers. The person’s name appearing on the adoption papers corresponding to the first turtles in order of finish as gathered in the turtle trap or collected by the Producer will be awarded prizes. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winners will be notified by mail, and must pick up their prize from the Producer by (Date).
6. A copy of the Rules and Regulations, a list of Prizes and, after the event, a list of Prize Winners can be obtained from the Producers by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope to Beaver Island State Park.
7. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Producers or an authorized representative of the Producers or mailed to the Producers at the address set forth in rule (6) and received by the Producers by Friday, September 7, 2018 to be eligible to win any prizes. Entries received after Friday, September 7, 2018 and any entries purchased on race day are subject to the availability of ducks, and in the event the number of these entries exceeds the available number of ducks, these entrants will not be eligible to win any prizes. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to the Producers or to an authorized representative of the Producers.
8. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producers, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
9. A minimum donation of $5.00 is requested. Free entries defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged.
10. The winner of any prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. If the prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize on their behalf. Winner need not be present to win.
11. Winners will be announced following The BeaverQ Turtle Derby. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 30 days of race date, or if the Presenter is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
12. Organization members are eligible to win any prizes from this event. Organization members in race will not be on hand handlers at race time.
13. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by The BeaverQ Turtle Derby Committee and its judgment is final.
14. In case of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances preventing the running of the race, turtles will be selected randomly, and winners will be notified by telephone.
15. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
16. The BeaverQ Turtle Derby and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Producer’s express written consent.
17. The Derby Duck Race/Turtle Turbo Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without written consent.