1. The Nevada Humane Society Duck Race and Festival is conducted by Nevada Humane Society (NHS), a non-profit organization under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
2. A total of 20,000 ducks will be entered in the race. Quantity of ducks raced is subject to change at the discretion of the NHS Duck Race Steering Committee. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
3. Once the ducks launched, there will be not attempt to free or interfere with any duck while the race is in progress, unless deemed necessary by the NHS Duck Race Steering Committee.
4. All ducks for the Nevada Humane Society Duck Race and Festival will launch into the Truckee River, Reno, NV at approximately 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 19,2018. The race course will be established by NHS Duck Race Steering Committee. NHS reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, natural disaster or other circumstances beyond NHS's control.
5. A number will be attached on the bottom of each duck relating to the number on the adoption papers. The person's name appearing on the adoption papers corresponding to the ducks in order of finish and gathered in the duck trap will be awarded prizes. Prize winners will be announced following the race. Winners need not be present to win. Positive identification and a properly completed IRS Form W-9 will be required to claim any prizes. Winners not present will be notified by mail and must pick up their prize from NHS by September 30, 2018. If a winner does not claim his or her prize from NHS by 5:00 p.m., September 30, 2016, NHS will select an alternate winner through a random drawing of adoption forms. Prizes, which were generously donated by various businesses and individuals throughout Northern Nevada, will be awarded to the first ducks to cross the finish line.
| || || |
6. A copy of the complete Rules and Regulations, a list of prizes and, after the event, a list of prize winners can be obtained by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope to Nevada Humane Society, 2825 Longley Lane, #B, Reno, NV 89502.
7. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to NHS or an authorized representative of NHS by 12:00 noon Thursday, August 16, 2018 to be eligible to receive any prizes. Entries received after 12:00 noon August 16, 2018 are subject to the availability of ducks, and in the event the number of these entries exceeds the available ducks, these entrants will not be eligible to win any prizes. Except as otherwise provided for by NHS, no other entrants are eligible to win any prizes. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to NHS or to an authorized representative of NHS. NHS is not responsible for entries lost in the mail.
8. Prize winners must be 18 years of age or over and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with any prize received.
9. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided, unless at the discretion of the NHS Duck Race Steering Committee. Specific qualifications are necessary for certain prizes. Any taxes and/or fees are the responsibility of the winner.
10. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
11. Due to value received, entries are not considered tax deductible by the IRS.
12. NHS Duck Race Steering Committee members and their immediate family, and NHS employees and their immediate family are not eligible to win any prizes from this event.
13. By entering, the entrants release NHS, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff and other related entities from any and all liability regarding the festival, prizes and race.
14. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by the NHS Duck Race Steering Committee and its judgment is final. Rules and Regulations can be changed at the discretion of the NHS Duck Race Steering Committee.
15. The Nevada Humane Society Duck Race is a registered trademark of GAME and cannot be used or copies without its written consent.