OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE
15TH ANNUAL RUBBER DUCKY FESTIVAL
15TH ANNUAL RUBBER DUCKY FESTIVAL
- The 16th Annual Rubber Ducky Regatta is produced by the Samuel Dixon Family Health Centers, Inc. (SDFHC), a charitable organization under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, for the benefit of providing health services primarily for the uninsured and under insured residents of the greater Santa Clarita Valley.
- A maximum of 5,000 ducks will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
- All ducks entered are and shall remain property of SDFHC.
- Once the race begins, there shall be no attempt to free or interfere with any duck while the race is in progress, unless deemed necessary by the race committee.
- The fun begins at 11 a.m. on Saturday, October 13, 2018. The race course will be established by the SDFHC Race Committee and the race will take place at Bridgeport Park in Valencia. SDFHC reserves the right to reschedule or postpone the race, or to determine the winners by random drawing in the case of inclement weather, acts of God, or other circumstances beyond SDFHC's control.
- A number will be attached to the bottom of each duck, relating to the number on the adoption papers. The person's name appearing on the adoption papers corresponding to the ducks in order of finished and gathered into the duck trap will be awarded prizes. Prize winners will be announced following the race. Winners need not be present to win. Positive identification and properly completed Form W-9 will be required in order to claim prizes. Winners will also be notified by phone, email, or mail and must pick up their prizes from SDFHC by November 9, 2018. If a winner does not claim his or her prize by 5 p.m. on November 10, 2018, SDFHC will select an alternate winner through random drawing of adoption forms.
- A copy of the complete Rules and Regulations, Prizes, and after the event, prize winners, can be obtained from SDFHC by sending a written request with a self addressed envelope to Samuel Dixon Family Health Center, Inc. 25115 Avenue Stanford, Suite A-104 Valencia, CA 91355.
- The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to SDFHC or mailed to SDFHC at the address set forth in Rule Seven (7) and actually received by SDFHC by 5 p.m. on Friday, October 12, 2018, to be eligible to receive any prizes. Entries received after 5 p.m. on Friday, October 12, 2018, or purchased on race day are subject to the availability of ducks. In the event that these entries exceed the number of ducks available, these entries will not be eligible to win any prizes. SDFHC cannot guarantee that any entry received after this deadline will be eligible to win prizes. Except as provided for by SDFHC, no other entrants are eligible to win any prizes. Entrants assume the risk of non delivery of any entries to SDHFC or to an authorized representative of SDFHC.
- No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner.
- By entering, the entrants release SDFHC, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes.
- By entering, the winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likeness without any additional compensation.
- Due to value received, entries are not considered tax deductible by the IRS.
- A minimum donation of $5 is requested.
- SDFHC is not responsible for entries lost in the mail.
- The winner of the Grand Prize must be over the age of 18, and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the Grand Prize. If the Grand Prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize.
- SDFHC Board Members and their immediate family members, and SDFHC employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to win any prizes. Contracted event coordination teams, employees, or members and their immediate family members are not eligible to win any prizes from this event.
- All decisions and interpretations of the rules and regulations will be made by SDFHC's Race Committee and its judgement is final.
- The Rubber Ducky Regatta is a registered trademark of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.