2018 Coastal Duck Derby Official Rules and Regulations
1. The Coastal Duck Derby is produced by Coastal Horizons Center, Inc. (the "Producer"), a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. All net proceeds of The Coastal Duck Derby will benefit Open House Youth Shelter of Coastal Horizons Center.
2. A minimum of 11,000 ducks will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
3. All ducks entered are and shall remain property of Coastal Horizons Center, Inc. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the race committee.
4. The Coastal Duck Derby Race will start at approximately 7:00 p.m. on June 23, 2018 at Jungle Rapids Family Fun Park. The race course will be established by the race committee. Coastal Horizons Center, Inc. reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, acts of God, or other circumstances beyond Coastal Horizons Center's control.
5. A number will be attached on the bottom of each duck relating to the number on the adoption papers. The person's name appearing on the adoption papers corresponding to the first ducks in order of finish as gathered in the duck trap or collected by the Producer will be awarded prizes. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winner will be notified by phone, and must pick up their prize from Producer by July 25, 2018.
6. A copy of the rules and regulations, a list of prizes, and, after the event, a list of prize winners can be obtained from the Producer by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Coastal Duck Derby, 615 Shipyard Blvd., Wilmington, NC 28412.
7. $100,000 Duck: One duck in every 3,000 ducks in the duck derby will be randomly selected as a potential winning $100,000 duck by a third party. The winning duck numbers are selected prior to the race and kept in a sealed security envelope. When the duck in the 13th position crosses the finish line, a race official will determine whether the duck is one of the pre-selected $100,000 winning ducks. If it is, the entrant wins the $100,000 and the sponsor, through a third party, will donate $100,000 to Crisis Intervention Services. If it is not, then the $100,000 will not be awarded. The odds of being pre-selected as a potential winner of the $100,000 ducks are approximately 1:3,000. A third party promotion company is under contract with the sponsor for the $100,000 duck promotion and is solely responsible for paying the $100,000 prize. In no event shall the Presenter or its sponsors be liable for the $100,000 prize. Entrant waives any and all claims against Presenter and its event sponsors to the $100,000 prize.
8.The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Producer or an authorized representative of the Producer or mailed to the Producer at the address set forth in rule (6) and actually received by the Producer by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 21, 2018 to be eligible to win any prizes. Entries received after 4:00 p.m on Thursday, June 21, 2018 and any entries purchased on race day are subject to the availability of ducks, and in the event the number of these entries exceeds the available number of ducks, these entrants will not be eligible to win any prizes. Except as otherwise provided by the Producers, no other entrants are eligible to win any prizes. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to the Producer or to an authorized representative of the Producer.
9. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producer, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
10. Due to value received, entries are not considered tax deductible by the IRS.
11. A minimum donation of $5.00 is requested. Free entries defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. No purchase is necessary to win and any person may, prior to June 21, 2018 request one free entry per person, by submitting a written request for such entry and a self-addresses stamped envelope to the mailing address listed in rule (6).
12. The winner of any prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. If the prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize on their behalf. Winner need not be present to win.
13. Winners will be announced following the Duck Derby. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 30 days of race date, of if the Producer is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
14. Coastal Horizons Center board members, members of their household, and principals from sponsoring entities, are not eligible to win any prizes from this event.
15. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by Coastal Horizons Center's Coastal Duck Derby Committee and its judgment is final.
16. In case of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances preventing the running of the race, ducks will be selected randomly and winners will be notified by telephone.
17. This event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
18. The Coastal Duck Derby and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Producer's express written consent.
19. The Derby Duck Race/Turtle Turbo Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent. For more information, please log onto www.game-group.com or call 602-957-3825.