The (Turbo Turtle Race) is produced by (Soroptimist International of Hamilton), The “Producer”, a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, whose mission is to contribute time and financial support to community-based and international projects that benefit women and girls.
1. A minimum of 2,000 turtles will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
2. All turtles entered are and shall remain property of Turbo Turtle Race. Once the turtles are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any turtle is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the race committee.
3. The Turbo Turtle Race will start at 2:00 PM at Hieronymus Park. The race course will be established by the race committee. The Turbo Turtle Race reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond the Turbo Turtle Race's control.
4. A number will be attached on the bottom of each turtle called the tag number. The individuals names associated with the tag numbers on the first turtles plucked or collected by the Producer will be awarded prizes. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winners will be notified by mail and must pick up their prize from the Producer by July 25, 2022.
5. A copy of the Rules and Regulations, a list of Prizes and, after the event, a list of Prize Winners can be obtained from the Producers by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope to:Soroptimist International of Hamilton, Turbo Turtle Race, P.O. Box 1012, Hamilton, MT 59840.
6. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Producers or an authorized representative of the Producers or mailed to the Producers at the address set forth in rule (6) and received by the Producers by June 24, 2022 at 5:00 PM to be eligible to win any prizes. Adoption forms received through the mail after such time will be considered a donation to Soroptomist of Hamilton and not an entry into the turtle race. Entrants assume the risk of non - delivery of any entries to the Producer. Turtles may be adopted in person at the event booth up until the time the Producer deems appropriate before the start of the race or until all available turtles have been adopted.
7. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producers, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
8. A minimum donation of $5.00 is requested. Free entries defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. However, one free entry per person can be obtained by presenting a handwritten request to Soroptomist International of Hamilton and submitting a self-addressed stamped return envelope for mailing of entry ticket. Requests for free entries after 2000 turtles have been adopted will not be honored. All requests must be made before June 20, 2022.
9. The winner of any prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. If the prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize on their behalf. Winner need not be present to win.
10. Winners will be announced following Turbo Turtle Race. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 30 days of race date, or if the Producer is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
11. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by Turbo Turtle Race Committee and its judgment is final.
12. In case of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances preventing the running of the race, turtles will be selected randomly, and winners will be notified by telephone.
13. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
14. The Turbo Turtle Race and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Producer’s express written consent.
15. The Derby Duck Race/Turtle Turbo Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.