1. The YESS Duck Derby is sponsored by Youth Emergency Services & Shelter of Iowa ("YESS" or "Presenter"), 918 SE 11th Street, Des Moines, Iowa, 50309. The Duck Derby shall be open to the legal residents of the United States, who are at least 18 years of age (“Entrant”).
2. No purchase or donation is necessary in order to enter or win. The Presenter requests a $5 donation per duck adoption “Entry” to benefit the charitable work of the organization. A donation does not increase your chances of winning. One duck adoption Entry per person, without donation, may be obtained in person Mon – Fri 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at YESS, 918 SE 11th Street, Des Moines, Iowa, 50309, or via United States Postal Service by indicating “Free Duck”, along with Entrant’s name and telephone number with an enclosed self-addressed, stamped envelope. Requests for Entry without donation after 4:30 p.m. on May 1, 2020 or after 30,000 ducks have been adopted will not be honored.
3. The Duck Derby will begin at approximately 2:00 p.m. on May 2, 2020, at Jordan Creek Town Center Lake in West Des Moines, Iowa. The Presenter will establish the course for the race.
4. A number will be attached to each duck relating to the number on the duck adoption Entry form. Multiple duck Entries on one adoption form will be assigned a separate duck number for identification. The person whose name appears on the Entry form that matches a winning duck will be awarded the corresponding prize in order of finish.
5. All ducks entered into the Duck Derby will be provided by the Presenter and will remain the property of the Presenter. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any ducks is permitted unless deemed necessary by Duck Derby officials and any attempt to free or interfere with any ducks will result in disqualification from receiving any prizes.
6. The event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Any and all federal, state, and local taxes and fees on prizes, including but not limited to cash prizes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Appropriate tax forms must be completed in full by the winner prior to receipt of prize.
7. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified Entries, which shall not exceed 50,000.
8. Other restrictions may apply to prize awards, including that the property to receive landscape services must be within a 60 mile radius of Des Moines, Iowa.
9. By participating, Entrants release the Presenter and its directors, staff, volunteers, and other related event partners and sponsors from liability with respect to all prizes.
10. The Presenter reserves the right, at its sole option, to substitute prizes of comparable value. List of prizes will be released in February.
12. The Entry portion of the Duck Adoption form must be completely filled out and delivered or mailed to the Presenter at the address listed in paragraph #2. The Presenter must receive all mail-in Duck Adoption forms by 4:30 p.m. on May 1, 2020. Any Duck Adoption forms and funds received through the mail after such time will be considered a donation to YESS and not an entry in the Duck Derby. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to the Presenter or an authorized representative of the Presenter. Ducks may be adopted in person at the event booth at Jordan Creek Town Center beginning at noon on May 2, 2020 up to the time the Presenter deems appropriate before the start of the race or until all available ducks have been adopted.
13. In case of inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances that prevent the launch of the ducks, Duck Derby prizes will be presented through a random drawing.
14. Employees, officers, and directors of YESS and members of their family living in the same household are not eligible to win.
15. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without additional compensation.
16. All decisions and interpretations of rules, regulations, and final determination of winners shall be made by Presenter.
17. A list of prize winners may be obtained by sending a written request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the address in paragraph #2.
18. A copy of these rules and regulations may be obtained by sending a written request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the address in paragraph #2.
19. The YESS Duck Derby is a licensed fundraising event of GAME — Great American Merchandising and Events. The logo and name are registered Trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent..