1. The Duluth Rotary Duck Pluck is produced by the Duluth Rotary, the “Producer”, a charitable organization under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. Duluth Rotary Club #25 are ordinary people doing extraordinary things. We experience the reward of paying it forward. We create opportunities for youth. We enhance the connections of members in the spirit of friendship, fellowship and fun.
2. A minimum of 5,000 ducks will be entered in the pluck. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
3. All ducks entered are and shall remain property of Duluth Rotary Duck Pluck. Once the ducks are deployed, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the pluck committee.
4. The Duluth Rotary Duck Pluck will take place from 5-9 PM at Pier B Resort on August 15, 2019. The pluck dump area will be established by the pluck committee. Duluth Rotary Duck Pluck reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the pluck or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond the Duluth Rotary Duck Pluck’s control.
5. A number will be attached on the bottom of each duck that has been randomly assigned to a duck adopter. The person’s name who corresponds to the first ducks in order of finish as gathered in the duck trap or collected by the Producer will be awarded prizes. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winners not present will be notified by the contact information provided on their order and the winning checks will be mailed by August 23 ,2019.
6. A copy of the Rules and Regulations, a list of Prizes and, after the event, a list of Prize Winners can be obtained from the Producers by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope to: Duluth Rotary Club 25 207 W. Superior St. Suite 201 Duluth, MN 55802.
7. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Producers or an authorized representative of the Producers or mailed to the Producers at the address set forth in rule (6) and received by the Producers by August 14, 2019 to be eligible to win any prizes. Adoptions forms received through the mail after such time will be considered a donation to Duluth Rotary Club and not an entry into the duck race. Entrants assume the risk of non - delivery of any entries to the Producer. Ducks may be adopted in person at the event booth up until the time the Producer deems appropriate before the start of the race or until all available ducks have been adopted.
8. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producers, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
9. A minimum donation of $5.00 is requested. Free entries defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. However, one free entry per person can be obtained by presenting a handwritten request to the Duluth Rotary by submitting a self-addressed stamped return envelope for mailing of entry ticket. Requests for free entries after 5000 ducks have been adopted will not be honored. All requests must be made before August 1, 2019.
10. The winner of any prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. If the prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize on their behalf. Winner need not be present to win.
11. Winners will be announced following Duluth Rotary Duck Pluck. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If the Presenter is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
12. Organization board members and their immediate family members are not eligible to win any prizes from this event.
13. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by the Duluth Rotary Duck Pluck Committee and its judgment is final.
14. In case of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances preventing the duck pluck, ducks will be selected randomly, and winners will be notified by telephone.
15. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
16. The Duluth Rotary Duck Pluck and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Producer’s express written consent.
17. The Derby Duck Race/Turtle Turbo Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.