1. The Mark Royston Memorial “Going QUACKERS for Kids” Derby Duck Race is produced by the Kiwanis Club of La Mirada Charitable Foundation (“Producers”) a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, for the support of numerous non-profit organizations, with projects and programs servicing children, youth and seniors.
2. All ducks entered are and shall remain property of the Producers. Once the ducks launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the Race committee.
3. A number will be attached on the bottom of each duck relating to the number on the adoption papers. The person’s name appearing on the adoption papers corresponding to the first ducks in order of finish as collected by the producer will be awarded prizes. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winners will be notified by mail and must pick-up their prize from Producers by May 1, 2020.
4. A copy of the complete Rules and Regulations, a list of prizes and, after the event, a list of prize winners can be obtained from the Producers by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope to: Kiwanis Club of La Mirada, PO Box 116, La Mirada, CA 90637-0116.
5. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Producers or an authorized representative of the Producers or mailed to the Producers at the address set forth in rule four (4) and actually received by the Producers by 5:00 pm on Friday, April 10, 2020 to be eligible to win any prizes. Entries received after 5:00 pm on Friday, April 10, 2020 and any entries purchased on race day are subject to the availability of ducks, and in the event the number of these entries exceeds the available number of ducks, these entrants will not be eligible to win any prizes. The Producers cannot guarantee that any entry received after these deadlines will be eligible to win any prizes. Except as otherwise provided for by the Producers, no other entrants are eligible to win any prizes. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to the Producers or to an authorized representative of the Producers.
6. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producers, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, County of Los Angeles, City of La Mirada, sponsors, GAME, and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
7. Due to value received, entries are not considered tax deductible by the IRS.
8. A minimum donation of $5 is requested. Free entries defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. No purchase is necessary and any person may, prior to Monday, April 6, 2020 request one free entry per person, by submitting a written request for such entry and a self-addressed stamped envelope to the mailing address listed in rule four (4). Requests for free entries will not be accepted after 5:00 pm on Monday, April 6, 2020.
9. The Producers are not responsible for entries lost in the mail.
10. Should a motor vehicle become a prize, the winner of any motor vehicle must be licensed driver at least 18 years of age and must pay sales tax, vehicle license and provide insurance. If any such prize winner is under age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize.
11. If the “Million Dollar Duck” becomes a prize, the “Million Dollar Duck” winner will be randomly selected as a potential winning million dollar duck by SCA Promotions, Inc. (“SCA”). One duck in every 3,333 ducks in the duck race will be selected by SCA. The winning duck numbers are selected prior to the race and kept in a sealed secured envelope. When the tenth adopted duck crosses the finish line, a race official will
determine whether the duck is one of the pre-selected million dollar winning ducks. If it is, the duck adopter wins the million-dollar prize. If it is not, the million-dollar prize will not be awarded. The odds of winning are 1:3333. The million-dollar prize is paid
in 20 equal annual installments of $50,000 each without interest. The prize awarded is the sole responsibility of SCA. Neither the Producer nor the Million Dollar Duck sponsor shall have any liability to any million dollar duck winner.
12. The Derby Duck Race/Turbo Turtle Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent. For more information, please log onto www.game-group.com or call 800-779-RACE.