1. The Capital City Adopt A Duck is produced by The MEDI Community Resource Center, The “Producer”, a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, whose mission is dedicated to helping social service organizations develop a culture of collaboration through education and use of technology. The goal of the CRC is to connect the community to social services, using technology to exchange social service information. This exchange is not only efficient but more importantly is safer, timelier, effective, equitable, and person-centered.
2. A minimum of 5,000 ducks will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
3. Given the current state of business with the COVID Pandemic, we will be hosting a virtual drawing to generate winners of the adoption event. Therefore, there will not be any physical ducks entered into a race, instead the entries will be entered into the GAME E-Quack database. Any reference to or any ducks acquired for promotional purposes shall remain property of the Capital City Adopt a Duck.
4. The Capital City Adopt a Duck will start at 11 a.m. on Saturday, September 18, 2021. The location of the virtual event will be established by the race committee. The Capital City Adopt a Duck reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond the Capital City Adopt A Duck’s control.
5. A number called the tag number will be assigned to each entry adopted. The individuals associated with the tag numbers selected by random drawing of entry tickets by the Producer will be awarded prizes. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winners will be notified by mail and must claim their prize from the Producer by Thursday, September 30, 2021.
6. A copy of the Rules and Regulations, a list of Prizes and, after the event, a list of Prize Winners can be obtained from the Producers by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope to: The MEDI Community Resource Center 4975 LaCross Road, Suite 151 North Charleston, SC 29406.
7. The entry portion of each adoption paper will be completed in its entirety on line and delivered electronically to the Producers or an authorized representative of the Producers or mailed to the Producers at the address set forth in rule (6) and received by the Producers by September 16, 2020 to be eligible to win any prizes. Adoptions forms received through the mail after such time will be considered a donation to GOPIP and not an entry into the duck race. Entrants assume the risk of non - delivery of any entries to the Producer. Ducks may be adopted on line up until the time the Producer deems appropriate before the start of the race or until all available ducks have been adopted.
8. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producers, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
9. A minimum donation of $5.00 is requested. Free entries defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. However, one free entry per person can be obtained by presenting a handwritten request to The MEDI Community Resource Center and submitting a self-addressed stamped return envelope for mailing of entry ticket. Requests for free entries after 5000 ducks have been adopted will not be honored. All requests must be made before September 1, 2021.
10. The winner of any prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. If the prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize on their behalf. Winner need not be present to win.
11. Winners will be announced following the Capital City Adopt a Duck. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 30 days of race date, or if the Presenter is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
12. Organization board members are not eligible to win any prizes from this event.
13. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by the Capital City Adopt a Duck Committee and its judgment is final.
14. In case of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances preventing the running of the race, ducks will be selected randomly, and winners will be notified by telephone.
15. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
16. The Capital City Adopt A Duck and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Producer’s express written consent.
17. The Derby Duck Race/Turtle Turbo Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.