Rules and Regulations
1. The Burg Duck Derby is produced by Providence Classical School, Inc. (the “Producer"), a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, whose purpose is to provide a classical, Christ-centered education equipping students with a thorough biblical world and life view that captures their affections and enables them to discern, articulate, and live truth.
2. A minimum of 5,000 ducks will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
3. All ducks entered are and shall remain property of Providence Classical School. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the race committee.
4. The ducks will be dumped into the James River at Jamestown Beach Event Park around 3:00 pm on April 25, 2020. The race course will be established by the race committee. Providence Classical School reserves the right to postpone or reschedule or cancel the race and to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond Providence Classical School control.
5. A number will be attached on the bottom of each duck called the tag number. The individuals names associated with the tag numbers on the first ducks collected by the Producer will be awarded prizes. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winners will be notified by mail and must pick up their prize from the Producer by May 30, 2020.
6. A copy of the rules and regulations, a list of prizes and, after the event, a list of prize winners can be obtained from the Producers by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope to: Providence Classical School, The Burg Duck Derby, 6000 Easter Circle Williamsburg, VA 23188.
7. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Producers or an authorized representative of the Producers or mailed to the Producers at the address set forth in rule (6) and actually received by the Producers by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 23, 2020 to be eligible to win any prizes. Entries received after 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 23, 2020, and any entries purchased on race day are subject to the availability of ducks, and in the event the number of these entries exceeds the available number of ducks, these entrants will not be eligible to win any prizes. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to the Producers or to an authorized representative of the Producers.
8. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producers, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
9. A minimum donation of $10.00 is requested. Free entries defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. One duck adoption entry per person, without donation, may be obtained via U.S. mail by requesting in writing “Free Duck,” along with Entrant’s name and telephone number. Please send your request to the following address: Providence Classical School, The Burg Duck Derby – Free Duck, 6000 Easter Circle, Williamsburg, VA 23188. Requests for entry without donation received in the mail after April 23, 2020 or after 5,000 ducks have been adopted will not be honored.
10. The winner of any Prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. If the Prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize on their behalf. Winner need not be present to win.
11. Winners will be announced at The Burg Duck Derby event. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 30 days of race date, or if the Producer is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
12. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by Providence Classical School, The Burg Duck Derby Committee and its judgment is final.
13. In case of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances preventing the running of the race, ducks will be selected randomly by April 28, 2020 and winners will be notified by telephone or the contact information provided by the adopter at the time of adoption.
14. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
15. The Burg Duck Derby and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Producer’s express written consent.
16. The Derby Duck Race is a registered trademark of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.