1. The Chicago Ducky Derby (“Derby”) is a random drawing raffle; it is sponsored by and all net proceeds benefit Special Olympics Illinois (“Sponsor”), 605 E. Willow, Normal, IL 61761. Sponsor is a registered 501(c)(3).
2. The Derby is open to persons age 18 and over, unless noted otherwise. Employees of Sponsor are not eligible to win. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws apply. Void where prohibited. Raffle purchases are not tax deductible.
3. To enter, eligible entrants must purchase a raffle chance (“adopt a duck”) at $5 each or 6 ducks for $25 online (at www.chicagoduckyderby.com) at race site or via mail, by form available from Sponsor or through promotional partners. Online entries must be received by August 10, 2023. Adoptions may be suspended at any time by Sponsor. Completed form and payment may be mailed to Special Olympics Illinois, 1724 S Finley Road Lombard, IL 60148 and must be received by August 6, 2023 to be considered eligible. Entries received after the deadline will be processed as a donation to Special Olympics Illinois.
4. Odds of winning depend on total number of qualified entries. A minimum of 50,000 rubber ducks will be launched on the Chicago River at approximately 1 pm on Thursday, August 10, 2023, in Chicago, Illinois. Date and location are subject to change without notice. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck will be permitted, unless deemed necessary by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to manually maneuver rubber ducks along the course and terminate the race and determine the winners by random selection. Only rubber ducks provided by Sponsor will be entered, and all ducks remain the property of Sponsor.
5. Prizes will be awarded in order to eligible entrants, as name appears on adoption form or online entry, whose entry number corresponds with number of the first four (4) rubber ducks in order of finish.
6. Grand Prize: All new 2024 Chevy Trax MSRP - $24,000 (approximate). Courtesy of the Chicagoland Chevrolet Dealers Advertising Association. Grand Prize winner must have a valid U.S. driver’s license and proof of insurance to take delivery of vehicle. Sponsor and Chicagoland Chevrolet Dealers Advertising Association assume no liability or responsibility in connection with the safety or performance of prize awarded or in connection with any warranty or representation therewith. The Chevy prize vehicle will have been used and will be awarded in “as is” condition. The vehicle will have accrued mileage, although actual mileage on the Chevy Equinox cannot be determined prior to the awarding of the vehicle. Winner must accept prize as stated or prize will be forfeited. Winner does not have the choice of color or options. Winner must take delivery of vehicle within (30) days of notice of availability from a Chicagoland Chevrolet Dealers Advertising Association dealership at a time and date to be determined by the Winner with approval of the Sponsor. Grand Prize is non-transferable and there is no cash option in lieu of the Grand Prize. Grand Prize winner is responsible for all taxes (federal, state, local) and fees (including title, license, insurance and vehicle documentary fees) prior to delivery and for all costs associated with any other expenses related to the acceptance and use of the prize not specified herein. In addition, Grand Prize winner must supply taxpayer identification number (Social Security number) prior to receipt of the Grand Prize. Sponsor must receive tax installment prior to delivery of Grand Prize and winner will be issued IRS forms for value of prize. Acceptance of prize offered constitutes permission to use winner’s name and/or likeness for advertising purposes without further compensation necessary, unless prohibited by applicable law.
7. Second Prize: Cruise provided by Royal Caribbean.
8. Third Prize: Prized provided by Save the Duck.
9. Fourth Prize: Cash prize - Value $2,000.
10. Winner need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by telephone, email or U.S. mail at the phone, email or address indicated on entry form or provided online. Winners will be announced on Ducky Derby event website at www.chicagoduckyderby.com as soon as all the winners have been verified. In the case of insufficient contact information and/or if Sponsor is unable to contact winner and if winner does not contact Sponsor to claim prize within 15 days (August 26, 2023) of race date at 1724 S Finley Road Lombard, IL 60148, or if winner is deemed ineligible to win, Sponsor may select alternate winner through random drawing of entries.
11. By entering, winners consent to use of name, address and likeness for advertising, promotion and publicity purposes without additional compensation. No substitutions, cash equivalent prizes, transfer or exchange of prizes will be provided in lieu of prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute if advertised prizes become unavailable.
12. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Derby or change any element thereof, with or without notice, at any time, for any reason. Should the Derby be cancelled at any time for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to select winners in a random drawing from among entries received.
13. Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Each entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Chicagoland Chevrolet Dealers Advertising Association, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any liability, action, loss, damage or claim arising in any way from participation in or administration of this Raffle or with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize.
14. Except as specified below, all logos are registered trademarks of Sponsor and use is prohibited without Sponsor’s express written consent.
15. The Chicago Ducky Derby is a licensed fundraising event of GAME, Great American Merchandise & Events.