1. The Chicago Ducky Derby (“Derby”) is a random drawing raffle; it is sponsored by and all net proceeds benefit Special Olympics Illinois (“Sponsor”), 605 E. Willow, Normal, IL 61761. Sponsor is a registered 501(c)(3).
2. The Derby is open to persons age 18 and over, unless noted otherwise. Employees of Sponsor are not eligible to win. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws apply. Void where prohibited. Raffle purchases are not tax deductible.
3. To enter, eligible entrants must purchase a raffle chance (“adopt a duck”) at $5 each or 6 ducks for $25 online (at www.chicagoduckrace.com) at race site or via mail, by form available from Sponsor or through promotional partners. Online entries must be received by August 6, 2019. Adoptions may be suspended at any time by Sponsor. Completed form and payment may be mailed to Special Olympics Illinois, 500 Waters Edge Ste 100 Lombard, IL 60148, and must be received by July 31, 2019 to be considered eligible. Entries received after the deadline will be processed as a donation to Special Olympics Illinois.
4. Odds of winning depend on total number of qualified entries. A minimum of 30,000 rubber ducks will be launched on the Chicago River at approximately 1 pm on Thursday, August 8, 2019, in Chicago, Illinois. Date and location are subject to change without notice. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck will be permitted, unless deemed necessary by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to manually maneuver rubber ducks along the course and terminate the race and determine the winners by random selection. Only rubber ducks provided by Sponsor will be entered, and all ducks remain the property of Sponsor.
5. Prizes will be awarded in order to eligible entrants, as name appears on adoption form or online entry, whose entry number corresponds with number of the first four (4) rubber ducks in order of finish.
6. Grand Prize: TBD
7. Second Prize: Value $2,000. Courtesy of Apple Vacations and RIU - (1) trip to Cancun for two adults departing from ORD, Chicago O’Hare. Details TBD. Trip includes accommodations, round-trip charter air, transfers to/from resort, non-motorized watersports, all food/drinks at the resort and the assistance of an in-resort Apple Representative. Trip is valid for travel through August 1st, 2020. Taxes, insurance, any applicable baggage fees, and additional expenses (such as optional excursions, spa treatments, phone calls and souvenirs) are the sole responsibility of the winner. All vacations are approved on a promotional basis & are subject to availability. Blackout dates do apply. Travel dates are final and will not be extended. Travel is not permitted during holiday periods including both 5 days prior to and after. Trips are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Apple Vacations reserves the right to substitute the vacation with another of equal value, equal Apple rating or within the same hotel chain should any unforeseen circumstance occur. Hotel to be determined by Apple Vacations. Trips are valid for 2 adults ONLY per room and do not include any special promotions. NO room upgrades. Winner must be at least 21 years old or traveling with a legal guardian. Employees of participating companies and its properties, sponsors, vendors and their immediate families are not eligible to win.
8. Third Prize: TBD
9. Fourth Prize: TBD
10. Winner need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by telephone, email or U.S. mail at the phone, email or address indicated on entry form or provided online. Winners will be announced on Special Olympics website at www.soill.org as soon as all the winners have been verified. In the case of insufficient contact information and/or if Sponsor is unable to contact winner and if winner does not contact Sponsor to claim prize within 15 days (August 23, 2019) of race date at 500 Waters Edge Ste 100 Lombard, IL 60148, or if winner is deemed ineligible to win, Sponsor may select alternate winner through random drawing of entries.
11. By entering, winners consent to use of name, address and likeness for advertising, promotion and publicity purposes without additional compensation. No substitutions, cash equivalent prizes, transfer or exchange of prizes will be provided in lieu of prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute if advertised prizes become unavailable.
12. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Derby or change any element thereof, with or without notice, at any time, for any reason. Should the Derby be cancelled at any time for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to select winners in a random drawing from among entries received.
13. Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Each entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Chicagoland Chevrolet Dealers Advertising Association, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any liability, action, loss, damage or claim arising in any way from participation in or administration of this Raffle or with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize.
14. Except as specified below, all logos are registered trademarks of Sponsor and use is prohibited without Sponsor’s express written consent.
15. The Chicago Ducky Derby is a licensed fundraising event of GAME, Great American Merchandise & Events, 16444 N 91st St, Scottsdale, AZ 85260.