1. The Chicago Ducky Derby (“Derby”) is a random drawing raffle; it is sponsored by and all net proceeds benefit Special Olympics Illinois (“Sponsor”), 605 E. Willow, Normal, IL 61761. Sponsor is a registered 501(c)(3).
2. The Derby is open to persons age 18 and over, unless noted otherwise. Employees of Sponsor are not eligible to win. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws apply. Void where prohibited. Raffle purchases are not tax deductible.
3. To enter, eligible entrants must purchase a raffle chance (“adopt a duck”) at $5 each or 6 ducks for $25 online (at www.chicagoduckyderby.com) at race site or via mail, by form available from Sponsor or through promotional partners. Online entries must be received by August 5, 2021. Adoptions may be suspended at any time by Sponsor. Completed form and payment may be mailed to Special Olympics Illinois, 500 Waters Edge Ste 100 Lombard, IL 60148, and must be received by July 31, 2021 to be considered eligible. Entries received after the deadline will be processed as a donation to Special Olympics Illinois.
4. Odds of winning depend on total number of qualified entries. A minimum of 30,000 rubber ducks will be launched on the Chicago River at approximately 1 pm on Thursday, August 5, 2021, in Chicago, Illinois. Date and location are subject to change without notice. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck will be permitted, unless deemed necessary by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to manually maneuver rubber ducks along the course and terminate the race and determine the winners by random selection. Only rubber ducks provided by Sponsor will be entered, and all ducks remain the property of Sponsor.
5. Prizes will be awarded in order to eligible entrants, as name appears on adoption form or online entry, whose entry number corresponds with number of the first four (4) rubber ducks in order of finish.
6. Grand Prize: 2021 Chevy Trailblazer MSRP - $23,700 (approximate). Courtesy of the Chicagoland Chevrolet Dealers Advertising Association. Grand Prize winner must have a valid U.S. driver’s license and proof of insurance to take delivery of vehicle. Sponsor and Chicagoland Chevrolet Dealers Advertising Association assume no liability or responsibility in connection with the safety or performance of prize awarded or in connection with any warranty or representation therewith. The Chevy Trailblazer prize vehicle will have been used and will be awarded in “as is” condition. The vehicle will have accrued mileage, although actual mileage on the Chevy Trailblazer cannot be determined prior to the awarding of the vehicle. Winner must accept prize as stated or prize will be forfeited. Winner does not have the choice of color or options. Winner must take delivery of vehicle within (30) days of notice of availability from a Chicagoland Chevrolet Dealers Advertising Association dealership at a time and date to be determined by the Winner with approval of the Sponsor. Grand Prize is non-transferable and there is no cash option in lieu of the Grand Prize. Grand Prize winner is responsible for all taxes (federal, state, local) and fees (including title, license, insurance and vehicle documentary fees) prior to delivery and for all costs associated with any other expenses related to the acceptance and use of the prize not specified herein. In addition, Grand Prize winner must supply taxpayer identification number (Social Security number) prior to receipt of the Grand Prize. Sponsor must receive tax installment prior to delivery of Grand Prize and winner will be issued IRS forms for value of prize. Acceptance of prize offered constitutes permission to use winner’s name and/or likeness for advertising purposes without further compensation necessary, unless prohibited by applicable law.
7. Second Prize: All - inclusive trip to Rivera Maya, Mexico. Value - $3,851.11. Includes hotel accommodations at an AMResort for you and one (1) guest in one (1) standard resort room and two (2) round-trip air seats on an Exclusive Vacation Flight. Please read the Rules, Guidelines & Amenities before booking your Apple Vacations trip. Form must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org 45 days or less prior to departure and no less than 14 days prior to departure. Reservations must be made through the Apple Leisure Group Promotions Department. We regret that Apple Vacations is unable to accept reservation requests by phone or in person. Trip is non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Apple Vacations reserves the right to substitute the vacation with another on charter air and of equal value, equal rating or within the same hotel chain should any unforeseen circumstance occur. Hotel to be determined by Apple Vacations. If winner contacts hotel or airline, trip will be forfeited in full. All passengers must be 21 years or older and traveling with a valid passport. Apple Leisure Group staff and family members are not eligible to win or travel. All departure and arrival taxes, AV-OK Vacation Security Part B and fuel surcharges (approximately $375-$450 per person, subject to change) will be advised on the reservation confirmation and must be paid by the traveler to Apple Vacations prior to departure within the time stated on your confirmation email. Air carrier baggage charges are the responsibility of the traveling passenger. Any optional service fees including seat selection, meals, drinks and transfers are not included. Environmental tax may apply at hotel check-in. Allow an average of 1-2 weeks to receive a confirmation on your trip. Once all fees are paid, Apple Vacations will email travel documents for charter flight and hotel once payment has been received. No changes can be made once confirmed. A cancellation will result in the forfeiture of this certificate. Restricted dates of travel include: 5 days prior to and after holidays such as Spring Break, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and other U.S. government holidays (i.e. Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, etc.). Trips are subject to availability, blackout dates and hotel closeouts. Additional restrictions may apply. For hotel information, please visit www.applevacations.com. Apple Vacations cannot provide upgrades on promotional rooms. Please ask upon arrival at front desk for cost of upgrade. The parties are acting as independent contractors with respect to each other. Neither party undertakes by this Agreement, or otherwise, to perform any obligation of the other party. Neither party shall be construed as an employee, agent, legal representative, partner or joint venture of the other, or acting as the agent of the other in any respect, all other provisions of this Agreement, notwithstanding. Neither party shall have the authority to contract for or bind the other in any manner and shall not represent itself as an agent of the other party or as otherwise authorized to act for or on behalf of the other party.
8. Third Prize: Cash prize - Value $2,000
9. Fourth Prize: Chicago Day Getaway Value $1,000. Enjoy a day in the city with a $500 VISA gift card, $250 for dinner at The Signature Room, and a one night stay at the Hyatt Regency Chicago.
10. Winner need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by telephone, email or U.S. mail at the phone, email or address indicated on entry form or provided online. Winners will be announced on Ducky Derby event website at www.chicagoduckyderby.com as soon as all the winners have been verified. In the case of insufficient contact information and/or if Sponsor is unable to contact winner and if winner does not contact Sponsor to claim prize within 15 days (August 20, 2021) of race date at 500 Waters Edge Ste 100 Lombard, IL 60148, or if winner is deemed ineligible to win, Sponsor may select alternate winner through random drawing of entries.
11. By entering, winners consent to use of name, address and likeness for advertising, promotion and publicity purposes without additional compensation. No substitutions, cash equivalent prizes, transfer or exchange of prizes will be provided in lieu of prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute if advertised prizes become unavailable.
12. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Derby or change any element thereof, with or without notice, at any time, for any reason. Should the Derby be cancelled at any time for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to select winners in a random drawing from among entries received.
13. Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Each entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Chicagoland Chevrolet Dealers Advertising Association, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any liability, action, loss, damage or claim arising in any way from participation in or administration of this Raffle or with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize.
14. Except as specified below, all logos are registered trademarks of Sponsor and use is prohibited without Sponsor’s express written consent.
15. The Chicago Ducky Derby is a licensed fundraising event of GAME, Great American Merchandise & Events.