2023 Rules of the Great Naples Duck Race
1. The Great Naples Duck Race is produced by The NCH Healthcare System - Safe & Healthy Children's Coalition. The Producer, a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, whose mission is to facilitate and implement programs to combat childhood obesity, prevent childhood drowning and reduce SIDS.
2. Ducks will be launched into the lake the Sugden Regional Park in Naples Florida at approximately 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 1st, 2023.
3. A minimum of 10,000 ducks will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
4. All ducks entered will be provided by the Presenter and will remain the property of the Presenter.
5. The Great Naples Duck Race reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather and winners will be notified by telephone. Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond The Great Naples Duck Race's control.
6. A number will be attached on the bottom of each duck relating to the number on the adoption papers. The person’s name appearing on the adoption papers corresponding to the first ducks in order of finish as gathered in the duck trap or collected by the Producer will be awarded prizes. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winner will be notified by phone and mail, and must pick up their prize from Producer.
7. Should the winning duck be an orphan, it will be disqualified as a prize winner, and the race judge will continue to remove ducks from the duck trap in the order they are trapped until an adopted winning duck is selected. Qualified winning ducks will be selected until all prizes are gone.
8. A copy of the rules and regulations, a list of prizes and, after the event, a list of prize winners can be obtained from the Producers by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope to: NCH Healthcare System P.O Box 234 Naples, FL 34106.
9. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Producers or an authorized representative of the Producers or mailed to the Producers at the address set forth in rule (8) and actually received by the Producers by Saturday, April 1st, 2023 to be eligible to win any prizes. Entries received after Saturday, April 1st, 2023 and any entries purchased on race day are subject to the availability of ducks, and in the event the number of these entries exceeds the available number of ducks, these entrants will not be eligible to win any prizes. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to the Producers or to an authorized representative of the Producers.
10. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producers, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
11. A minimum donation of $10.00 is requested. Free entries defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. However, one free entry per person can be obtained by presenting a handwritten request to The Great Naples Duck Race and submitting a self-addressed stamped return envelope for mailing of the entry ticket. Requests for free entries after 10,000 ducks have been adopted will not be honored. All requests must be made before April 1st, 2023.
12. The winner of any Prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. If the Prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize on their behalf. Winner need not be present to win.
13. The Coalition Coordinator of the NCH Safe & Healthy Children's Coalition and her immediate family members are not eligible to win any prizes from this event.
14. Winners will be announced following The Great Naples Duck Race. Race winners need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by mail or telephone. If any winner does not claim their prize within 30 days of race date, or if the Presenter is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
16. All decisions are interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by Presenter and its judgment is final.
17. The Great Naples Duck Race and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Producer’s express written consent.
18. The Derby Duck Race/Turtle Turbo Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.