Merryman House PaDucky Derby Official Rules and Regulations
1. The PaDucky Derby is produced by the Merryman House (referred to as “Producer”), a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Merryman House, a nonprofit organization, offers both residential and outreach services to meet the needs of victims of intimate partner abuse and their dependents as they strive to live free of violence.
2. Up to 20,000 ducks will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
3. All ducks entered are and shall remain property of the Merryman House. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the race committee.
4. The PaDucky Derby will start at 3 p.m. at Montgomery Lake within Bob Noble Park in Paducah, KY. The race course will be established by the race committee. The Merryman House reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond the Merryman House’s control.
5. A number will be attached to the bottom of each duck relating to the number given to each adoption/entry in the online E-Quack system. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winner will be notified by phone, email or mail, and must pick up their prize from Producer by November 30, 2023. Unclaimed prize(s) shall be returned to the Producer.
6. Adoption entry forms must be filled out in their entirety, online or offline, and either submitted online or delivered to the Producers or their authorized representatives by mail to this address: Merryman House PaDucky Derby, P.O. Box 98, Paducah, KY 42002. All entries are subject to availability of ducks. Mailed entries must be received by October 20, 2023, and are subject to availability. In the event the number of these entries exceeds the available number of ducks, the entries will be returned.
7. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producers, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
8. The winner of any Prize must be 18 years of age or older and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. Winner need not be present to win.
9. Winners will be announced following the PaDucky Derby. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 30 days of race date, or if the Producer is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
10. Merryman House board members and their immediate family members and Merryman House staff and their immediate family members are not eligible to win any prizes from this event. “Immediate family” is any person residing in the same household as a board member or staff person.
11. All purchases are final and non-refundable.
12. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by the Merryman House’s Race Committee and its judgment is final.
13. In case of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances preventing the running of the race, ducks will be selected randomly and winners will be notified by telephone.
14. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
15. The PaDucky Derby and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Producer’s express written consent.
16. The Derby Duck Race/Turtle Turbo Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.