The 2021 St. Clair Rotary Pine River Turtle Race Rules and Regulations
1. The St. Clair Rotary Pine River Turtle Race is produced by the St. Clair Rotary Club, the “Producer”, a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, whose mission is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise, advance international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons and carry out successful service projects reflecting the philosophical and practical framework of Rotary.
2. A minimum of 2,000 turtles will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
3. All turtles entered are and shall remain property of the 2021 St. Clair Rotary Pine River Turtle Race. Once the turtles are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any turtle is permitted.
4. The 2021 St. Clair Rotary Pine River Turtle Race will start at Dock 2 and 3 in the St. Clair Marina at 4 p.m. on August 29, 2021. The racecourse will be established by the race committee. The Producer reserves the right to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond the Producer’s control.
5. A number will be attached on the bottom of each turtle called the tag number. The individuals’ names associated with the tag numbers on the first three turtles that enter the collection trap will be awarded prizes: first turtle to enter – first prize, second to enter – second prize, third to enter – third prize. The first prize is $1,500, second prize $1,000 and third prize $500. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize. Winners will be notified by mail and must pick up their prize from the Producer by October 28, 2021.
6. A copy of the Rules and Regulations, a list of Prizes and, after the event, a list of Prize Winners can be obtained from the Producer by sending a written request to: St. Clair Rotary Club, P.O. Box 441, St. Clair, MI 48079.
7. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Producer or an authorized representative of the Producer by 12 p.m. (noon) on August 29, 2021 to be eligible to win any prizes. Turtles may be adopted in person at the event booth up until the time the Producer deems appropriate before the start of the race or until all available turtles have been adopted.
8. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producer, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
9. A single entry (one Turtle) into the Race is $5.00. Five entries (a Turtle Pack) are $20.00. Twelve entries (a Bale of Turtles) are $50.00. Entries may be purchased singularly or in any combination.
10. The winner of any prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. If the prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize on their behalf. Winner need not be present to win.
11. Winners will be announced following the 2021 St. Clair Rotary Pine River Turtle Race. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 60 days of race date, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
12. Organization board members and their immediate family members are not eligible to win any prizes from this event.
13. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by the 2021 St. Clair Rotary Pine River Turtle Race Committee and its judgment is final.
14. In case of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances preventing the running of the race, the race will revert back to a traditional drawing, and winners will be notified by telephone.
15. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
16. The 2021 St. Clair Rotary Pine River Turtle Race and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Producer’s express written consent.
17. The Derby Duck Race/Turtle Turbo Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.