2023 Incredible Duck Race
1. The 2023 Incredible Duck Race (“Event”) is presented by The Kiwanis Club of Tampa., a non-profit organization under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code (“Presenter”).
2. Adoptions can be made online or with adoption papers mailed in. THE FOLLOWING DEADLINES APPLY FOR MAILED IN ENTRIES: Paper Entries sent by mail must be completed in their entirety and delivered to Presenter or an authorized representative of Presenter or mailed to Presenter at 3616 West Cypress Street, Tampa, FL 33607 and received by Presenter by 5:00 PM EST on Wednesday, March 29, 2023 to be eligible for entry. Paper Entries received after 5:00 PM EST on Wednesday, March 29, 2023, will not be eligible for entry. Any Entries on race day are subject to the availability of ducks and in the event the number of these Entries exceed the available number of ducks, these Entries will not be eligible for prizes and money will be refunded. If Entries are available on race day, they may be purchased up until 12:00pm EST. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any Entries to the Presenter or to an authorized representative of Presenter.
3. Participation in the Event constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Presenter, which are FINAL AND BINDING in all respects. OFFICIAL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. Receiving a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Ducks will be launched into the Hillsborough River in Tampa, Florida at approximately 12:00pm EST on Saturday, April 8, 2023. Presenter will establish the course for the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified Entries. A minimum of 10,000 ducks will be entered in to the race.
5. A number will be attached to each duck relating to the number on the official Entry. Multiple duck entries on one Entry will be assigned a separate duck number for identification. The person whose name appears on the Entry that matches a winning duck will be awarded the corresponding prize in order of finish. Positive identification will be required to claim a prize. Excess ducks (not adopted) will be launched into the race. If excess ducks are launched into the race and the first duck to cross the finish line is an excess duck, the first prize will be awarded to the adoptive parents of the first adopted duck to cross the finish line thereafter. The remaining smaller prizes will likewise be awarded in similar fashion to the adoptive parents of adopted ducks crossing the finish line.
6. All ducks entered into the Event will be provided by Presenter and will remain the property of Presenter. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any ducks is permitted unless deemed necessary by the Incredible Duck Race Officials.
7. The Event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
8. Any and all federal, state and local taxes and fees on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Appropriate tax forms must be completed in full by the winner prior to receipt of a prize. No cash equivalent will be awarded in lieu of designated prizes.
9. By participating, Entrants release Presenter and its directors, officers, committee members, managers, employees, volunteers, sponsors and Presenter related entities from any and all liability with respect to all prizes.
10. Entrants voluntarily assume all risks and danger of bodily injury, damage to personal property and all other hazards arising from or related in any way to the Event, whether occurring prior to, during or after the Event, whether on Event site or in surrounding parking areas, whether or not due to negligence of Presenter, its directors, officers, committee members, managers, employees, volunteers, Presenter related entities, sponsors, the City of Tampa and agrees to release Presenter, City of Tampa, and their respective directors, officers, committee members, managers, employees, volunteers, and sponsors from any claims or liabilities arising from the Event.
11. Prizes will be awarded “as is.” Presenter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute prizes of comparable value. No winner will receive more than one (1) prize.
12. In case of inclement weather, unforeseen circumstances, or acts of God that prevent the launch of the ducks, prizes will be presented through a random drawing. This includes COVID restrictions that result in event cancelation.
13. Employees of Presenter are not eligible to win prizes.
14. Board Members and Officers of the Presenter are not eligible to win prizes.
15. Sponsors are not eligible to win prizes.
16. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without notification, approval or additional compensation.
17. All decisions and interpretations of rules, regulations and final determination of winners shall be made by Presenter and its judgment is final.
18. Winners need not be present to win. Winners will be announced following the Event. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or certified U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within thirty (30) days of the race date, or if the Presenter is unable to contact winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Presenter will select a substitute winner by random drawing of Entries. All prizes will be awarded. Prize winners must be individuals at least 18 years or older. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to parents or legal guardians. Winners need not be present to win. Winners must show proper identification when claiming a prize. Winners must provide the necessary information for tax documents to claim their prize. Prizes may not be substituted or exchanged.
19. No purchase necessary in order to win. The Presenter does request a donation of $5.00 per Entry to benefit charitable purposes. Because Entries not accompanied by a donation defeat the charitable nature of this Event, they are not encouraged. However, one free Entry per household can be entered by presenting a written request to the address listed in Paragraph 2 above and submitting therewith a self-addressed stamped return envelope for mailing of the Entry. Request for free Entries made after March 22, 2023, will not be honored. Completed Entries with a $5.00 donation per adopted duck may be submitted to Presenter at the address listed in Paragraph 2 above.
20. A list of prize winners may be obtained by sending a written request and a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address in paragraph 2 or by visiting TampaDuckRace.com
21. A copy of these rules and regulations may be obtained by sending a written request and self-addressed stamped envelope to the address listed in paragraph 2 or by visiting TampaDuckRace.com
22. Entrants should consult their tax advisor regarding any tax deductibility matters.
23. The 2023 Incredible Duck Race is a licensed fundraising event of Presenter. Presenter’s logos are registered trademarks of Presenter and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the expressed written consent of Presenter. Duck logos and likenesses are registered trademarks of Great American Duck Races, Inc. and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the expressed written consent of Great American Duck Races, Inc. SRP logos are registered trademarks and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.
24. Entrants must be individuals at least 18 years or older.