2021 Incredible Duck Race
1. The 2021 Incredible Duck Race (“Event”) is presented by The Kiwanis Club of Tampa., a non-profit organization under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code (“Presenter”).
2. Adoptions can be made online up until 11:15AM EST on May 22, 2021
3. Participation in the Event constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Presenter, which are FINAL AND BINDING in all respects. OFFICIAL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. Receiving a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Ducks will be raced virtually on May 22, 2021
5. A number will be attached to each duck relating to the number on the official Entry. Multiple duck entries on one Entry will be assigned a separate duck number for identification. The person whose name appears on the Entry that matches a winning duck will be awarded the corresponding prize in order of finish. Positive identification will be required to claim a prize.
6. The Event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
7. Any and all federal, state and local taxes and fees on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Appropriate tax forms must be completed in full by the winner prior to receipt of a prize. No cash equivalent will be awarded in lieu of designated prizes.
8. By participating, Entrants release Presenter and its directors, officers, committee members, managers, employees, volunteers, sponsors and Presenter related entities from any and all liability with respect to all prizes.
9. Entrants voluntarily assume all risks and danger of bodily injury, damage to personal property and all other hazards arising from or related in any way to the Event, whether occurring prior to, during or after the Event, whether on Event site or in surrounding parking areas, whether or not due to negligence of Presenter, its directors, officers, committee members, managers, employees, volunteers, Presenter related entities, sponsors, the City of Tampa and agrees to release Presenter, City of Tampa, and their respective directors, officers, committee members, managers, employees, volunteers, and sponsors from any claims or liabilities arising from the Event.
10. Prizes will be awarded “as is.” Presenter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute prizes of comparable value. No winner will receive more than one (1) prize.
11. The race committee reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the event because of inclement weather, acts of God, or other circumstances beyond the committee’s control. In case of inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances that prevent the launch of the ducks, prizes will be presented through a random drawing.
12. Employees of Presenter are not eligible to win prizes.
13. Board Members and Officers of the Presenter are not eligible to win prizes.
14. Sponsors are not eligible to win prizes.
15. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without notification, approval or additional compensation.
16. All decisions and interpretations of rules, regulations and final determination of winners shall be made by Presenter and its judgment is final.
17. Winners need not be present to win. Winners will be announced following the Event. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or certified U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within thirty (30) days of the race date, or if the Presenter is unable to contact winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Presenter will select a substitute winner by random drawing of Entries. All prizes will be awarded. Prize winners must be individuals at least 18 years or older. Prizes awarded to minors will be awarded to parents or legal guardians. Winners need not be present to win. Winners must show proper identification when claiming a prize. Winners must provide the necessary information for tax documents to claim their prize. Prizes may not be substituted or exchanged.
18. No purchase necessary in order to win. The Presenter does request a donation of $5.00 per Entry to benefit charitable purposes. Because Entries not accompanied by a donation defeat the charitable nature of this Event, they are not encouraged. However, one free Entry per household can be entered by presenting a written request to 3616 W Cypress Street, Tampa, FL 33607 and submitting therewith a self-addressed stamped return envelope for mailing of the Entry. Request for free Entries made after May 15th, will not be honored. Completed Entries with a $5.00 donation per adopted duck may be submitted to Presenter at the address listed in Paragraph 2 above.
19. A list of prize winners may be obtained by sending a written request and a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address in paragraph 2 or by visiting TampaDuckRace.com
20. A copy of these rules and regulations may be obtained by sending a written request and self-addressed stamped envelope to the address listed in paragraph 2 or by visiting TampaDuckRace.com
21. Entrants should consult their tax advisor regarding any tax deductibility matters.
22. The 2021 Incredible Duck Race is a licensed fundraising event of Presenter. Presenter’s logos are registered trademarks of Presenter and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the expressed written consent of Presenter. Duck logos and likenesses are registered trademarks of Great American Duck Races, Inc. and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the expressed written consent of Great American Duck Races, Inc. SRP logos are registered trademarks and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.
23. Entrants must be individuals at least 18 years or older.