Wabash Valley Rubber Ruck Regatta Rules
1. The Wabash Valley Rubber Duck Regatta is presented by Catholic Charities in Terre Haute
(the “Presenter”), a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue
Code, whose mission is to create hope by nourishing the minds, bodies and spirits of children,
families, seniors and adults.
2. A minimum of 15,000 ducks will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the
total number of qualified entries. All ducks entered are and shall remain property of Catholic
Charities. Once the ducks are released, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere
with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the race committee.
3. The Wabash Valley Rubber Duck Regatta will start at 7:00pm on July 4, 2022 at Fairbanks
Park in Terre Haute. The racecourse will be established by the race committee. Catholic
Charities reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by
random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond
the control of Catholic Charities. A number will be attached to the bottom of each duck relating
to the number on the adoption papers. The person's name appearing on the adoption papers
that corresponds to the winning duck collected by the Presenter will be awarded the prize.
Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winners will be notified in-person, by
phone, email or U.S. mail and must pick up their prize from Presenter by August 1, 2022.
4. A copy of the rules and regulations, a list of prizes and, after the event, a list of prize winners
can be obtained from the Presenter by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped
envelope to: Catholic Charities, PO Box 3318, Terre Haute, IN 47803.
5. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to
the Presenter or an authorized representative of the Presenter or mailed to the Presenter at the
address set forth in rule #4 and actually received by the Presenter by noon on June 30, 2022 to
be eligible to win any prizes. Entries received after noon on June 30, 2022, and any entries
purchased on race day are subject to the availability of ducks, and in the event the number of
these entries exceeds the available number of ducks, these entrants will not be eligible to win
any prizes and the amount received by the Presenter will be considered a donation to Catholic
Charities. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to the Presenter or to an
authorized representative of the Presenter. Those adopting ducks over the phone will be asked
to validate both their birthday and the usage of a debit card.
6. One lucky duck will be awarded $10,000. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be
provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner.
By entering, the entrants release the Presenter, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors
and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering,
winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional
7. Bonus Prize: A $1,000,000 bonus prize may be awarded to the Grand Prize winner. The duck
winning the $10,000 prize will be eligible to win $1,000,000, if the duck’s number matches a preselected
number determined by Presenter’s designated promotional entity before the event.
Presenter’s designated promotional entity reserves the absolute right to not award the Bonus
Prize in the event of any irregularities in the Regatta, the pre-selection process, or the award
process. Presenter does not guarantee the Bonus Prize and neither the Presenter nor any
sponsor shall have liability to any participant for any claim in connection with the designated
promotional entity award or failure to award the Bonus Prize. The bonus prize, if won, is payable
in forty (40) equal annual installments of $25,000 each, without interest. The Bonus Prize winner
is responsible for all taxes or other fees applicable to the Bonus Prize.
8. The winner of any prize must be 18 years or older and must pay any applicable income tax or
other fees associated with the prize. Winner need not be present to win.
9. Winner will be announced following the Wabash Valley Rubber Duck Regatta. Winner will
also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not
claim his/her prize within 30 days of race date, or if the Presenter is unable to contact a winner
due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a
prize, Presenter will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will
10. Catholic Charities licensed operators of the Wabash Valley Rubber Duck Regatta are not
eligible to win any prizes from this event.
11. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by Catholic Charities
and/or Wabash Valley Rubber Duck Regatta Committee and its judgment is final.
12. In case of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances preventing the running of the race,
ducks will be selected randomly, and winners will be notified as stated in rule #3.
13. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where
prohibited by law.
14. The Wabash Valley Rubber Duck Regatta and its logo are owned exclusively by Presenter
and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the
Presenter’s express written consent.
15. The Derby Duck Race is a registered trademark of GAME and cannot be used or copied
without its written consent.