Wabash Valley Rubber Ruck Regatta Rules
1. The Wabash Valley Rubber Duck Regatta is presented by Catholic Charities in Terre Haute (the “Presenter”), a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, whose mission is to serve the poor, the homeless, the elderly, the neglected children and the needy.
2. A minimum of 12,000 ducks will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries. All ducks entered are and shall remain property of Catholic Charities. Once the ducks are released, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the race committee.
3. The Wabash Valley Rubber Duck Regatta will start at 7:00pm on July 4, 2019 at Fairbanks Park in Terre Haute. The race course will be established by the race committee. Catholic Charities reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God or other circumstances beyond the control of Catholic Charities. A number will be attached to the bottom of each duck relating to the number on the adoption papers. The person’s name appearing on the adoption papers corresponding to the first ducks in order of finish as gathered in the duck trap or collected by the Presenter will be awarded prizes. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winners will be notified in-person, by phone, email or U.S. mail and must pick up their prize from Presenter by August 2, 2019.
4. A copy of the rules and regulations, a list of prizes and, after the event, a list of prize winners can be obtained from the Presenter by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope to: Catholic Charities, 1801 Poplar St., Terre Haute, IN 47803.
5. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Presenter or an authorized representative of the Presenter or mailed to the Presenter at the address set forth in rule #4 and actually received by the Presenter by noon on July 1, 2019 to be eligible to win any prizes. Entries received after noon on July 1, 2019 and any entries purchased on race day are subject to the availability of ducks, and in the event the number of these entries exceeds the available number of ducks, these entrants will not be eligible to win any prizes and the amount received by the Presenter will be considered a donation to Catholic Charites. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to the Presenter or to an authorized representative of the Presenter.
6. One lucky duck will be awarded $10,000. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Presenter, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
7. Bonus Prize: A $1,000,000 bonus prize may be awarded to the Grand Prize winner. The duck winning the $10,000 prize will be eligible to win $1,000,000, if the duck’s number matches a pre-selected number determined by Presenter’s designated promotional entity before the event. Presenter’s designated promotional entity reserves the absolute right to not award the Bonus Prize in the event of any irregularities in the Regatta, the pre-selection process, or the award process. Presenter does not guarantee the Bonus Prize and neither the Presenter nor any sponsor shall have liability to any participant for any claim in connection with the designated promotional entity award or failure to award the Bonus Prize. The bonus prize, if won, is payable in forty (40) equal annual installments of $25,000 each, without interest. The Bonus Prize winner is responsible for all taxes or other fees applicable to the Bonus Prize.
8. The winner of any prize must be 18 years or older and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. Winner need not be present to win.
9. Winner will be announced following the Wabash Valley Rubber Duck Regatta. Winner will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 30 days of race date, or if the Presenter is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Presenter will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
10. Catholic Charities licensed operators of the Wabash Valley Rubber Duck Regatta are not eligible to win any prizes from this event.
11. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by Catholic Charities and/or Wabash Valley Rubber Duck Regatta Committee and its judgment is final.
12. In case of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances preventing the running of the race, ducks will be selected randomly and winners will be notified as stated in rule #3.
13. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
14. The Wabash Valley Rubber Duck Regatta and its logo are owned exclusively by Presenter and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Presenter’s express written consent.
15. The Derby Duck Race is a registered trademark of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.