Presented by the TCISD Foundation for the Future (referred to as “Presenter” herein), a 501(c)(3) Corporation (Tax Exempt Charity Tax ID #76-0575046).
1. Presenter will establish the race course and launch the ducks into the Texas City Sting Creek at approximately 3:00 pm on April 18, 2020.
2. In case of inclement weather, acts of God or other circumstances, the Presenter reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race, or determine winners by a random drawing, at its sole discretion.
3. All ducks entered will be provided by the Presenter and shall remain our property.
4. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the Race Committee. The race course will close 60 minutes after the first duck has crossed the finish line and/or been gathered into duck traps. Any ducks finishing after that time will not be eligible for prizes.
5. A number will be attached to each duck relating to the number on an entry ticket. Multiple duck entries from one ticket will be assigned additional duck numbers for identification. The persons’ names who appear on the entry ticket corresponding to the first ducks in order of finish will be awarded prizes. A list of prizes can be obtained from the Presenter by sending a written request and a self-addressed stamped return envelope to TCISD Foundation for the Future, 1700 Ninth Avenue N, Texas City, TX 77590.
6. Only completed entry forms will be accepted. Mailed entries must be received by Presenter by 4pm, Monday, April 6, 2020. Entries must be mailed to TCISD Foundation for the Future, 1700 Ninth Avenue N, Texas City, TX 77590. All other entries must be received by an authorized representative of Presenter and received by Presenter before the race. If available, ducks can be adopted the day of the race. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to Presenter or an authorized representative of the Presenter.
7. Winners will be announced at the Texas City Sting Creek approximately one-half (1/2) hour following the conclusion of the race on April 18, 2020. Winners will, where necessary, also be notified by United States mail or telephone. A winner is entitled to receive only the prize awarded and is responsible for all applicable federal and state taxes and license or registration fees payable in connection with that prize. No cash equivalent prizes will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes.
8. One duck number in the duck derby will be randomly selected as a potential winning duck for the vehicle. The winning duck number is selected prior to the race and kept in a sealed security envelope. When the first ten ducks cross the finish line, a race official will determine whether any of the ten ducks are a match to the pre-selected winning duck. If it is, the duck adopter wins the grand prize choice of Ford vehicles offered. If it is not, the vehicle will not be awarded. The odds of winning are approximately 1:500. The value of the vehicle is not to exceed $50,000. The winner is responsible for all applicable federal and state taxes and license or registration fees payable in conjunction with the vehicle selected.
9. Prizes awarded to minors will be awarded to their parents or legal guardian.
10. Winners are required to provide proper identification and social security number.
11. By entering, winners consent to promotional use of their names and likeness without additional compensation.
12. Prizes will be awarded “as is” and no substitution of prizes will be permitted. Presenter will have no liability with respect to any prize awarded.
13. Duck race entrants need not be present to win.
14. If a winner does not come forward to claim the prize won within 30 days following the race, that prize will be forfeited and Presenter will declare another winner for that prize.
15. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
16. By entering, entrants release the Presenter, sponsors, employees, and their officers, directors, staff and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to prizes and to bodily injury or damage to property on the event site and surrounding parking areas, whether or not due to negligence of the Presenter, sponsors, and their officers, directors, staff and other related entities.
17. This event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and is voided where prohibited by law.
18. The conduct of this race and the determination of race winners will be witnessed by a representative of an independent accounting firm. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by Presenter, and judgment is final. If deemed necessary, Presenter has the discretion to modify rules.
19. Directors of Presenter shall be ineligible to participate in the promotion and shall be ineligible for any prize.
20. A copy of these rules and regulations is available from Presenter at the address listed in paragraph six (6) above.
Texas City ISD Foundation for the Future
1700 Ninth Avenue N
Texas City, TX 77590
Tel: 409.916.0108 / Fax: 409.944.1618