WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THE DUCK RACE?
Sertoma Clubs of Topeka & their Sponsorship Beneficiaries
AND Kansas Big Brothers & Big Sisters - Topeka
SUMMARY OF OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS OF
THE 2022 SERTOMA GREAT TOPEKA DUCK RACE
Presented by the Topeka Evening Sertoma Club, Inc., Topeka Heartland Sertoma Club, Inc., and Golden City Sertoma Club, Inc., (Not-for-profit corporations with IRS designations as §503(c)(3) corporations, ID# 48-1022146) to benefit and the Sertoma Clubs of Topeka, (hereinafter referred to as "PRESENTER"), Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Topeka and various other sponsorships in Topeka as designated by Sertoma.
- Ducks will be launched into Lake Shawnee at approximately 10:00 a.m.. On September 17, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. a minimum of 10,000 rubber ducks will enter the water at Lake Shawnee for a “fun” race. At that same time, the E-Quack computer database will randomly select the winners from duck adopters which have previously been entered into the system.
- The combined retail value of all prizes will be approximately $15,000.00. PRESENTER reserves the right, at its sole option, to substitute prizes of comparable value.
- Each duck adoption application must be completed in full and delivered to PRESENTER or an authorized representative of PRESENTER or timely mailed to The Sertoma Great Topeka Duck Race c/o Topeka Sertoma Clubs, 2800 SW Burlingame Rd, Topeka, Kansas 66611-1316. Adoptions on-line at www.TopekaDuckRace.org are also acceptable.
- No purchase is necessary in order to enter or win. PRESENTER does request a donation of $5.00 per entry to benefit children and family programs of the benefiting agencies, and the Sertoma Clubs of Topeka, charitable organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Free race entry defeats the charitable fundraising purpose of the event and is not encouraged. However, one free race entry per household can be obtained by presenting a handwritten request to the address listed in Paragraph 5 above and submitting therewith a self addressed, stamped envelope for mailing of the duck adoption application. Requests for free race entries are limited to one per household. Requests for free race entry made after 10:00 a.m. September 16 2022, or after at least 10,000 ducks have been adopted will not be honored. PRESENTER, in its sole discretion, can increase the number of ducks and change the deadline.
- Winners will be announced just after winners are determined on September 17th. Entrants will, where necessary, also be notified by the United States mail, email, telephone or any other method determined by Presenters. Race winners need not be present to win. Winners will be posted on the duck race website, and also shared with media covering the event.
- For a complete copy of the Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Sertoma Great Topeka Duck Race, 2800 SW Burlingame Road, Topeka, KS 66611.
MILLION DOLLAR DUCK
Before the start of The Sertoma Great Topeka Duck Race one (1) million dollar duck number will be chosen at random from each group of 3,000 ducks adopted for the 2022 race. If the tag number assigned to the 27th duck in the E-Quack database, matches one of the pre-selected Million Dollar Duck numbers, the adopter of that duck will win the $1,000,000.00 prize. In the event the number on the bottom of the 27th duck does not match one of the pre-selected numbers, the $1,000,000 prize will not be awarded. If excess ducks are launched in the race and the 27th duck has not been adopted, the next adopted duck after the 27th duck, shall qualify as the 27th duck and if that number matches one of the pre-selected numbers, that adopter will win the million dollars. The $1,000,000 prize, if awarded, will be payable in 50 annual installments of $20,000.00 each, without interest. Contest rules concerning the awarding of the $1,000,000 prize are available from PRESENTER. PRESENTER reserves the right to refuse to make the award due to any irregularity in the application of the contest rules. A schedule of payments will be announced within ten (10) days after certification of the winner, if any.
Directors and principals of Sponsor/Presenter shall be ineligible to participate in the Million Dollar Duck Promotion and shall be ineligible for any prize/winnings covered herein.
The Sertoma Great Topeka Duck Race, Topeka Evening Sertoma Club, Inc., Topeka Heartland Sertoma Club, Inc., and the Golden City Sertoma Club, and Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation shall have no liability or obligation with respect to any claims to any Million Dollar Duck or the payment of the $1,000,000 prize. In the event SCA Promotions, Inc., the insurer, fails to discharge their payment of obligations to any such winner, Million Dollar Duck winner agrees to release The Sertoma Great Topeka Duck Race, and the above Sertoma Clubs of Topeka, and their officers, directors and staff and other related entities, from any and all liability of non-payment of a legitimate claim owed by SCA Promotions, Inc., and such winner agrees to look solely to SCA Promotions, Inc., or the insurer for such payments. Any and all winners agree to allow The Sertoma Clubs of Topeka, and SCA Promotions, Inc. to use their name and likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation.