The 2023 OUACHITA RIVERFEST DUCK DROP Rules and Regulations
1. The OUACHITA RIVERFEST DUCK DROP is produced by DOWNTOWN WEST MONROE REVITALIZATION GROUP The “Producer”, a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, whose mission is to save historic presence, revive the commercial core, and keep a sense of place and community life in Downtown West Monroe, Louisiana.
2. A minimum of 3000 ducks will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
3. All ducks entered are and shall remain property of OUACHITA RIVERFEST DUCK DROP. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the race committee.
4. The OUACHITA RIVERFEST DUCK DROP will start at Endom Bridge at 3:30 pm on April 27 and end at the Interstate Bridge. The racecourse will be established by the race committee OUACHITA RIVERFEST DUCK DROP reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond the OUACHITA RIVERFEST DUCK DROP’s control.
5. A number will be attached on the bottom of each duck called the tag number. The individuals associated with the tag numbers on the first ducks plucked or collected by the Producer will be awarded prizes. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winners will be notified by mail and must pick up their prize from the Producer by June 13, 2023.
6. A copy of the Rules and Regulations, a list of Prizes and, after the event, a list of Prize Winners can be obtained from the Producers by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope to: DOWNTOWN WEST MONROE REVITALIZATION GROUP, 2305 N. 7TH, West Monroe, LA 71291.
7. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Producers or an authorized representative of the Producers or mailed to the Producers at the address set forth in rule (6) and received by the Producers by Friday, May 12 at 5 PM to be eligible to win any prizes. Adoption forms received through the mail after such time will be considered a donation to DOWNTOWN WEST MONROE REVITALIZATION GROUP and not an entry into the duck race. Entrants assume the risk of non - delivery of any entries to the Producer. Ducks may be adopted in person at the event booth up until the time the Producer deems appropriate before the start of the race or until all available ducks have been adopted.
8. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producers, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
9. The winner of any prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. If the prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize on their behalf. Winner need not be present to win.
10. Winners will be announced following OUACHITA RIVERFEST DUCK DROP. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 30 days of race date, or if the Presenter is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
11. Organization board members and their immediate family members are not eligible to win any prizes from this event.
12. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by OUACHITA RIVERFEST DUCK DROP Committee and its judgment is final.
13. In case of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances preventing the running of the race, ducks will be selected randomly, and winners will be notified by telephone.
14. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
15. The OUACHITA RIVERFEST DUCK DROP and its logo are registered trademarks of the producer and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Producer’s express written consent.
16. The Derby Duck Race/Turtle Turbo Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.