Antelope Valley Rubber Duck Race
Official Rules and Regulations
- The Antelope Valley Rubber Duck Race is produced by the Kiwanis Club of Palmdale West, ("
theProducers") charitable organizations under section 501 (c) (4) of the Internal Revenue Code, for the benefit of the South Antelope Valley Education Foundation (SAVE Foundation) and numerous non-profit organizations, primarily for the benefit of projects and programs serving children and youth.
- A maximum of 10,000 ducks will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
- All ducks entered are and shall remain
propertyof the Producers.
- Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is
permitted,unless deemed necessary by the Race committee.
- A number will be attached on the bottom of each duck relating to the number on the adoption papers and website. The person's name appearing on the adoption papers and website corresponding to the first ducks in order of finish gathered in the duck trap will be awarded prizes. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize. Winners will be notified by mail or phone and must pick up their prize from Producers by October 1, 2018.
- A copy of the complete Rules and Regulations, a list of prizes and, after the event, a list of prize winners can be obtained from the Producers by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope
to:Kiwanis, P.O. Box 900794, Palmdale, CA 93590.
- The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Producers or an authorized representative of the Producers or mailed to the Producers at the address set forth in rule six (6) and actually received by the Producers by 4:00 p.m. on
WednesdayAugust 29, 2018to be eligible to win any prizes. Entries received after 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 29, 2018and any entries purchased on race day are subject to the availability of ducks, and in the eventthe number of these entries exceeds the available number of ducks, these entrants will not be eligible to win any prizes. The Producers cannot guarantee that any entry received after these deadlines will be eligible to win any prizes. Except as otherwise provided for by the Producers, no other entrants are eligible to win any prizes. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to the Producers or to an authorized representative of the Producers.
- No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designate prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner.
- By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
- Due to
valuereceived, entries are not considered tax deductible by the IRS.
- A minimum donation of $5 is requested. Free entries defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. No purchase is necessary and any person may, prior to Monday, August 27, 2018, request one free entry per person by submitting a written request for such entry and a self-addressed stamped envelope to the mailing address listed in rule six (6). Requests for free entries will not be accepted after 5:00 p.m. on Monday, August 27, 2018, or after 10,000 ducks have been adopted.
- The Producers are not responsible for entries lost in the mail.
- The Derby Duck Race/Turbo Turtle Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copies without its written consent.