The Duck Pluck is presented for the benefit of Special Olympics Georgia, a charitable organization under the 501(c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Service. Tax ID# 23-7201676
1. A maximum of 10,000 ducks will be entered in the Duck Pluck.
2. Ducks will be launched into the Post Chastain Pool at approximately 1 PM. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
3. All ducks entered will be provided by Special Olympics Georgia (hereafter ‘the Presenter’) and shall remain the property of the presenter.
4. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the Duck Pluck Event committee.
5. A waterproof number label will be attached to each duck. Multiple duck entries from one adoption paper will be assigned additional duck numbers for identification. The names which appear on the adoption papers corresponding to the first qualifying ducks be plucked will be awarded prizes. A list of prizes and winners will be posted at www.duckrace.com/Atlanta.
6. No cash equivalent prizes will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. ANY SALES or INCOME ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
7. An adoption, in exchange for $5 per duck, can be obtained online at www.duckrace.com/atlanta, from any member of the Duck Pluck committee, Presenter staff members, and from other sources authorized by the Presenter.
8. The entry portion of each adoption paper or online registration form must be completely filled out and delivered to the Presenter or an authorized representative of the Presenter at the address set forth in Regulation 5 above, and actually received by Presenter prior to the pluck for an adoption paper to be eligible to win any prize. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to Presenter or an authorized representative of the Presenter. Mail entries must be received by Thursday, August 8, 2019 and online entries must be received by August 8, 2019 at 11:45 PM. If all ducks are not adopted in advance, ducks will be available for adoption at the event site the day of the pluck.
9. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without additional compensation.
10. Excess ducks may be launched into the pool. If the first plucked is an excess duck, the 1st place prize will be awarded to the adoptive parents of the first Adopted Duck plucked. The remaining prizes will be awarded in the same manner.
11. Winners will be announced after the Duck Pluck and the tabulation of the results. Winners need not be present to win, and will be notified by telephone, email, or US Postal Service. If any winner does not claim his or her prize within 30 days of the pluck date, Presenter will select an alternate winner through a random drawing of entries. All prizes will be awarded.
12. Each month, there will be one winner drawn for a $25 gift card. The number of entries in the drawing will be equal to the number of ducks purchased. Once an entry is selected as a monthly winner, that entry will be removed from all future monthly drawings. The winners will be notified at the beginning of the following month.
13. After the Duck Pluck event has taken place, there will be a final drawing for anyone who has purchased a Quack Pack or higher package. One entry will be given for each package purchased. One winner will be drawn for a $150 gift card. The winner will be notified by August 19.
14. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by Presenter and the Pluck Committee and its judgments are final.
15. In case of bad weather or technical difficulties, Presenter reserves the right to postpone the pluck upon announcement, or select winners by an alternative method. Presenter shall not be held liable in any way for any loss, damage, or inconvenience, which may be caused by any such postponement or cancellation of the Duck Pluck.
16. Staff members of Presenter shall be ineligible for the 1st prize. In the event that the 1st prize duck belongs to an “ineligible” person, the 1st prize will be awarded to the 2nd place duck, and the ineligible person will be awarded the 2nd prize.
17. The Duck Pluck/ Turtle Trek is a licensed fundraising event of GAME-Great American Merchandising and Events. The logo and name Duck Pluck/ Turtle Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.