The Duck Pluck is presented for the benefit of Special Olympics Georgia, a charitable organization under the 501(c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Service. Tax ID# 23-7201676.
1. A minimum of 12,000 ducks will be entered in the Duck Pluck.
2. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
3. All ducks entered will be provided by Special Olympics Georgia (hereafter ‘the Presenter’) and shall remain the property of the Presenter.
4. Once the ducks are launched in the virtual pool, winners will be plucked at random.
5. A number will be attached to each duck relating to the number on the adoption paper. Multiple duck entries from one adoption paper will be assigned additional duck numbers for identification. The persons’ names which appear on the adoption papers corresponding to the first qualifying ducks that are plucked will be awarded prizes. A list of prizes and winners will be posted at www.DuckRace.com/atlanta and at the offices of Special Olympics Georgia at 6046 Financial Drive, Norcross, GA 30071.
6. The winner of the 1st prize must be 18 years or older, or a parent or guardian must accept the prize.
7. No cash equivalent prizes will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. ANY SALES or INCOME ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
8. An adoption, in exchange for $7 per duck, can be obtained on-line at
www. DuckRace.com/Atlanta, from any member of the Duck Pluck committee, the Presenter staff members, and from other sources authorized by the Presenter.
9. No purchase is necessary. Free entry tickets defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of the event and are not encouraged. However, any person may, prior to Wednesday, September 20th, request one free entry by mailing a written request to Special Olympics Georgia at 6046 Financial Drive, Norcross, GA 30071. Written requests must be received by Wednesday, September 20th.
10. The entry portion of each adoption paper or on-line registration form must be completely filled out and delivered to the Presenter or an authorized representative of the Presenter at the address set forth in Regulation 5 above, and actually received by the Presenter prior to the Duck Pluck for an adoption paper to be eligible to win any prize. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to the Presenter or an authorized representative of the Presenter. Mail entries must be received by Tuesday, September 21 at 4:15 PM and on-line entries must be received by September 20 at 11:45 PM. If all ducks are not adopted in advance, ducks will be available for adoption at the site the day of the Duck Pluck.
11. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without additional compensation.
12. Excess ducks may be launched into the virtual pool. If the first duck plucked is an excess duck, the 1st place prize will be awarded to the adoptive parents of the first adopted duck plucked. The remaining prizes will be awarded in the same manner.
13. Winners will be announced after the Duck Pluck. Winners need not be present to win, and will be notified by telephone, email, or US Postal Service. If any winner does not claim his or her prize within 30 days of the Duck Pluck date, the Presenter will select an alternate winner through a random drawing of entries. All prizes will be awarded.
14. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by the Presenter and the Pluck Committee, and its judgments are final. In case of bad weather, technical difficulties or other acts of God, the Presenter reserves the right to postpone the Duck Pluck upon announcement or select winners by an alternative method. The Presenter shall not be held liable in any way for any loss, damage, or inconvenience, which may be caused by any such postponement or cancellation of the Duck Pluck.
15. Team members of the Presenter shall be ineligible to win prizes.
16. A copy of these Rules and Regulations are available from the Presenter by sending a written request and a self-addressed, pre stamped envelope to the Presenter at the address shown above in Regulation 5.
17. The Duck Pluck/Turtle Trek is a licensed fundraising event of GAME-Great American Merchandising and Events. The logo and name Duck Pluck/Turtle Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.