Alpha Duck Race Official Rules and Regulations
1. The ZOOM DUCK DERBY Summer Bash is produced by The Alpha Group (referred to as “Producer”), a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Alpha Group, a nonprofit organization, provides Community Employment, Integrated Adult Day, Supportive Living, Transportation and Work Training Services for people with developmental disabilities in Delaware and eleven (11) surrounding counties.
2. A minimum of 5,000 ducks will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
3. All ducks entered are and shall remain property of The Alpha Group. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the race committee.
4. The ZOOM DUCK DERBY will start on Sunday July 26, 2020 at 8:30 am at Zoombezi Bay. The first ducks to ZOOM across the finish line win prizes! Winners will be announced at the end of the race. This year, watch all the fun from home on Facebook Live. The race course will be established by the race committee. The Alpha Group reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond the Alpha Group’s control.
5. A number will be attached on the bottom of each duck relating to the number on the adoption papers. The person’s name appearing on the adoption papers corresponding to the first ducks in order of finish as gathered in the duck trap or collected by the Producer will be awarded prizes. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winner will be notified by
6. A copy of the rules and regulations, a list of prizes and, after the event, a list of prize winners can be obtained from the Producers by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope to: 1000 Alpha Drive, Delaware, OH 43015.
7. The entry portion of each adoption papers must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Producers or an authorized representative of the Producers or mailed to the Producers at the address set forth in rule (6) and actually received by the Producers by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, July 24, 2020 to be eligible to win any prizes. Entries received after 4:00 p.m. on Friday, July 24, 2020 and any entries purchased on race day are subject to the availability of ducks, and in the
8. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producers, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
9. A minimum donation of $5.00 is requested. Free entries defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. No purchase is necessary, and any person may, prior to June 30, 2020 request one free entry per person, by submitting a written request for such entry and a self-addressed stamped envelope to the mailing address listed in rule six (6). Requests for free entries will not be accepted after 4:00 p.m. on July 1, 2020.
10. The winner of any Prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. If the Prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize on their behalf. Winner need not be present to win.
11. Winners will be announced following the ZOOM DUCK DERBY Summer Bash. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 30 days of race date, or if the Producer is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
12. The Alpha Group Board Members and Management Team are not eligible to win any prizes from this event.
13. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by The Alpha Group’s Race Committee and its judgment is final.
14. The race committee reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the event because of inclement weather, acts of God, or other circumstances beyond the committee’s control.
15. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
16. Requests for duck adoption refunds must be made by 5:00 p.m. on July 24, 2020. All entries are non-refundable after the 4:00 p.m. deadline.
17. The ZOOM DUCK DERBY Summer Bash and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Producer’s express written consent.
18. The Derby Duck Race/Turtle Turbo Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.
19. The committee has the right to move the race to a virtual race due to circumstances beyond the committees control. Due to COVID-19 or other related situations, Alpha has the right to make the best decision for the health and safety of all involved.