Gwinnett Duck Derby Official Rules and Regulations
Presented by The Rotary Club of Sugarloaf, a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization.
1. The Gwinnett Duck Derby is produced by The Rotary Club of Sugarloaf (referred to as “Producer”), a charitable organization under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. The mission of the Rotary Club of Sugarloaf is to provide unselfish service to our local and international communities while exhibiting the Values of Rotary International, the highest ethical standards, fellowship among its members, and Service Above Self.
2. A minimum of 5,000 ducks will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
3. This year, winners will be selected using a random number generator provided by GAME fundraising.
4. The Gwinnett Duck Derby will be hosted virtually on September 1st, 2022 at 5:30 p.m. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to hear the winners announced live. The Rotary Club of Sugarloaf reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond The Rotary Club of Sugarloaf’s control.
5. A copy of the rules and regulations, a list of prizes and, after the event, a list of prize winners can be obtained from the Producers by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope
to: The Rotary Club of Sugarloaf, P.O. Box 957531, Duluth, GA 30095.
6. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Producers or an authorized representative of the Producers or mailed to the Producers at the address set forth in rule (6) and actually received by the Producers by 10:00 a.m. on September 1, 2022 to be eligible to win any prizes. Entries received after 10:00 a.m. on September 1, 2022, and any entries purchased on race day will not be eligible to win any prizes. The Producers cannot guarantee that any entry received after these deadlines will be eligible to win any prizes. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to the Producers or to an authorized representative of the Producers.
7. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producers, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
8. The winner of any Prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax. Income tax, and any other taxes or fees associated with the prize. If the Prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize on their behalf. Winner need not be present to win.
9. Winners will be announced following the Gwinnett Duck Derby. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 30 days of race date, or if the Producer is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
10. The Rotary Club of Sugarloaf board members and employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to win any prizes from this event, except those board members who receive duck entries through sponsorship of the event.
11. All appeals, complaints, decisions
and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by the Rotary Club of Sugarloaf Race Committee, in the exercise of its sole discretion, and its judgment as to all decisions shall be final.
12. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
13. The Gwinnett Duck Derby and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Producer’s express written consent.
14. The Derby Duck Race/Turtle Turbo Trek
are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.