Official Rules and Regulations of the Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race
Saturday, August 10, 2019
1. A maximum of 18.000 ducks will be entered into the race.
2. Ducks will be launched into the Snake River from the area south of John’s Hole Bridge, Idaho Falls, at approximately 4:00 pm on Saturday, August 10, 2019. The race course will be established by the Presenter. Presenter reserves the right, in its discretion, to postpone or reschedule the event because of inclement weather, acts of God, or other circumstances beyond Presenter’s reasonable control.
3. All ducks entered will be provided by the Presenter, and shall remain the property of Presenter.
4. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed by the Presenter. The race course will close 30 minutes after the first duck has crossed the finish line. Any ducks finishing after that time will not be eligible for prizes.
5. A number will be attached to each duck corresponding to each number of entry tickets issued. Multiple duck entries from one ticket will be assigned additional duck numbers for identification. The person’s name that appears on the entry ticket corresponding to the first ducks completing the race in order at the finish line will be awarded prizes. The Presenter reserves the right to draw for prizes if the race is canceled for any reason whatsoever (see rule #2). Additional prizes may be awarded through random drawings of entry tickets. The drawing, if any, will be held at the Snake River Sportsman’s Park area. A list of prizes can be obtained from the Presenter by sending a written request thereto, and a self addressed stamped envelope, to: The Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race, P O Box 50335, Idaho Falls, ID 83405.
6. The Presenter reserves the right, at its sole option, to substitute prizes at comparable value.
7. The combined retail value of all prizes shall be at least $25,000, and each prize shall be a retail value of at least $1,000.
8. The entry portion of each race ticket must be completely filled out and delivered to the Presenter or an authorized representative of Presenter, or mailed to the Presenter at the address given in rule #5 above and actually received by the Presenter prior to race time for any ticket to be eligible to win prizes. No other tickets shall be eligible to win any prize, except those previously approved by Presenter. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to the Presenter or authorized representative of the Presenter.
9. Winners will be announced on the 10:00 news on the day of the race (if available) and in the Sunday morning newspaper the following day, as well as on this website. Entrants will also be notified by US mail or by telephone. Race entrants need not be present to win. Winners of additional random prizes, if any, need not be present to win. A list of winning entries can be obtained from the Presenter by sending a written request for same, with a self-addressed, stamped return envelope, to Presenter at the address listed in Rule #5 above. Should any race winner fail to claim his/her prize from the Presenter, prior to September 15, 2019, the Presenter shall select a substitute winner through a random drawing of remaining entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
10. No cash equivalent prizes will be provided in lieu of designated prizes. Any and all taxes and similar fees, including but not limited to applicable license and registration fees on any motor vehicles, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
11. All entrants must be at least 18 years of age. By entering, individuals and/or entities release Presenter from any and all liability with respect to prizes.
12. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and/or likenesses without additional compensation.
13. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
14. This event is subject to all Federal, State and local laws and regulations, and further, is void where prohibited by law.
15. The conduct of the race, the determination or race winners, and the random drawing for additional prizes, if any, will be audited and verified by a certified public accountant. All decision and interpretations of rules and regulations with be made by Presenter, and its judgment will be considered final.
16. The Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race and its logo are trademarks of Rotary #380 Charitable Association, and no other individual or entity shall be authorized to copy, or otherwise use same without the express written consent of Great American Merchandise & Events, and Rotary #380 Charitable Association.