Official Race Rules & Regulations
1. The Lucky Ducky Race for Pace presented by Pace Center for Girls of Manatee County, a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, having Tax ID#59-2414492 and mailing address 3508 26th Street West, Bradenton, Florida 34205 (the "Presenter"). Presenter provides girls and young women the opportunity for a better future through education, counseling, training and advocacy in Manatee County, Florida.
2. Lucky Ducky Race for PACE is conducted by Pace Center for Girls of Manatee County. A minimum of 20,000 ducks will be raced on Saturday, Saturday, August 28, 2021. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries. We are hopeful that by late Summer we will be able to host a safe, outdoor, community event. The safety of all involved will be our first priority and the committee will closely monitor CDC Guidelines and comply accordingly. The committee plans to livestream the race.
3. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not improve your chance of winning. Free entries defeat the charitable fund-raising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. Any person may, prior to 4:00 pm on Friday, August 20th, request one free entry per person by submitting a written request to the address listed is above (1).
4. Grand Prize or First Prize to be awarded in the form of a 2 year lease on a Jeep Wrangler from Firkins Automotve. If the winner is not able to meet the requirements of the lease, a $5,000 cash option may be awarded by Firkins Automotive.
5. A list of prizes and, after the event, a list of prize winners, can be obtained from the Presenter by sending a written request and a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Lucky Ducky Race for Pace, c/o Pace Center for Girls of Manatee County, 3508 26th Street West, Bradenton, FL 34205.
6. Ducks will be launched into the waters of the Manatee River at a location to be decided closer to the race. Due to the Covid-19 restrictions, the race may only be attended by essential staff and volunteers. The race committee reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the event because of inclement weather, acts of God, or other circumstances beyond the committee’s control.
7. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the race committee.
8. All ducks entered will be provided by the Presenter and will remain the property of the Presenter.
9. Each duck will be bar coded with a number corresponding to an adoption paper number. Multiple duck entries from one adoption paper will be assigned additional duck numbers for identification.
10. Winners will be determined based on the first qualifying duck(s) to finish the race and be gathered in the duck trap. If a winning duck is an "orphan"—a duck that has not been adopted—it will be disqualified as a prize winner.
11. You must be 18 years of age or older (or have consent from a parent or legal guardian) and a resident of the United States to adopt a duck or win the prize. Prizes will be awarded in accordance with the name appearing on the adoption paper.
12. Presenter reserves the right to substitute prizes of comparable value. No cash equivalent prizes will be provided in lieu of any designated prizes, except the Grand Prize as defined in Rule #4. General prizes are provided or funded by event sponsors. All prizes will be awarded.
13. Only completed entry forms and on-line entries will be accepted. All entries mailed must be received by August 20th, 2020 by 4:00 p.m. at the address listed in rule #2. If available, entries may be sold the day of the race on-line. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to Presenter or an authorized representative of Presenter.
14. Winners will be announced on line after the race. Winners need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by phone, e-mail, or U.S. Certified Mail, depending upon information provided on the Adoption Certificate. If a winner does not claim his or her prize within 30 days of the race date, Presenter will select an alternate winner through a random drawing from adoption papers.
15. Any and all taxes and similar fees are solely the responsibility of the prize winner. All winners must be legal residents of the United States of America and must present a valid Social Security number and government-issued photo identification. The value of the prize will be reported to the taxing authorities and any taxes due will be the responsibility of the winner. Presenter takes no responsibility for any tax liabilities or costs. Consult your tax advisor. Contributions paid for a chance to win prizes in this event are not tax-deductible contributions.
16. By adopting a duck, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses by the Presenter and its designees without additional compensation.
17. This event is subject to all local, state and federal laws and regulations and is void if prohibited by law.
18. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries. No purchase or contribution is necessary to win. A purchase or contribution does not increase your chances of winning. The purpose of this event is to raise funds for the Presenter, but you may request a duck number for no donation by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with your request to The Lucky Ducky Race for Pace, c/o Pace Center for Girls of Manatee County, 3508 26th Street West, Bradenton, Florida 34205. All requests must be received by August 20, 2021 by 4:00 p.m. Presenter reserves the right to limit the number of ducks adopted by each person. For more information, prize details and restrictions, call the Lucky Ducky Race for Pace at 941.751.4566.
19. All decisions and interpretations of the rules and regulations will be made by Presenter, and its judgment will be final.
20. This duck race is a licensed fund-raising event of Great American Duck Races, Inc. d/b/a Great American Merchandise & Events ("GAME"). The logo and name Great American Duck Races are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without GAME’s written consent. For more information, please log on to www.game-group.com or call 602-957-3825. All contributions are retained by Pace Center for Girls of Manatee County and no percentage of the contributions are retained by GAME or any sponsors.
21. Presenter (registration Number CH-432) has complied with registration requirements of Chapter 496, Florida Statutes, "The Solicitation of Contributions Act." A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling 1-800-435-7352, toll free within the State of Florida. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by the State of Florida. For more information, call The Lucky Ducky Race for PACE at 941.751.4566.
22. BY ADOPTING A DUCK AND ENTERING, YOU RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THE PRESENTER, ITS AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, VOLUNTEERS, SPONSORS, AND OTHER RELATED ENTITIES AND PERSONS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL INJURIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION, OR LIABILITIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE IN ANY RESPECT, PARTICIPATION IN THIS EVENT, OR ATTENDANCE OF THE DUCK RACE.