The winning race entries will be randomly generated from the entries in the E-Quack database. Winner will be announced on this site and our Facebook page once verified. There may not be a physical race. Any rules referencing a physical race are hereby superseded.
1. The Marion Rotary Duck Derby is presented by Ocala Rotary Foundation, Inc., a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, having Tax ID No. 01-0650657 and mailing address P.O. Box 104, Ocala, FL 34478 (the "Presenter").
2. The Marion Rotary Duck Derby is for the primary benefit of the Discovery Center and also other charities supported by the Rotary International clubs in Marion County, Florida.
3. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not improve your chance of winning. Free entries defeat the charitable fund-raising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. Any person may request one free entry by submitting a written request to the address listed in Section 1 above.
4. A list of prizes and, after the event, a list of prize winners, may be obtained from the Presenter by sending a written request and a self-addressed stamped envelope to Marion Rotary Duck Derby at the address listed in Section 1 above. Prizes will be paid from sponsorships and proceeds.
5. A minimum of 5,000 ducks will be launched into the water on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at approximately 1:00 pm. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries. The race committee reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the event because of inclement weather, acts of God, or other circumstances beyond the committee’s control.
6. Once the ducks are launched, only personnel authorized by the race committee may move the ducks toward the finish line. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted.
7. All ducks entered will be provided by the Presenter and will remain the property of the Presenter.
8. Each duck will be bar coded with a number corresponding to an adoption paper number. Multiple duck entries from one adoption paper will be assigned additional duck numbers for identification.
9. Winners will be determined based on the first qualifying duck(s) to finish the race and be gathered in the duck trap. If a winning duck is an "orphan” - a duck that has not been adopted - it will be disqualified as a prize winner.
10. You must be 18 years of age or older (or have consent from a parent or legal guardian) and a resident of the United States to adopt a duck or win the prize. Prizes will be awarded in accordance with the name appearing on the adoption paper.
11. Presenter reserves the right to substitute prizes of comparable value. No cash equivalent prizes will be provided in lieu of any designated prizes. General prizes are provided or funded by event sponsors. All prizes will be awarded.
12. Only completed paper entry forms and on-line entries will be accepted. All paper entry forms mailed must be received by 1:00 p.m. Thursday, February 6, 2020 at the address listed in Section 1 above. If available, entries may be sold the day of the race until one hour before the start of the race. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to Presenter or an authorized representative of Presenter.
13. Winners will be announced at the Ocala Cattle Drive & Cowboy Roundup after the race. Winners need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by phone, e-mail, or U.S. Certified Mail, depending upon information provided on the Adoption Certificate. If a winner does not claim his or her prize within 30 days of the race date, Presenter will select an alternate winner through a random drawing from adoption papers.
14. Any and all taxes and similar fees are solely the responsibility of the prize winner. All winners must be legal residents of the United States and must present a valid Social Security number and government-issued photo identification. The value of the prize may be reported to taxing authorities as required by law and any taxes due will be the responsibility of the winner. Presenter takes no responsibility for any tax liabilities or costs. Consult your tax advisor. Contributions paid for a chance to win prizes in this event are not tax-deductible contributions.
15. By adopting a duck, participants consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses by the Presenter and its designees without additional compensation.
16. This event is subject to all local, state and federal laws and regulations and is void if prohibited by law.
18. All decisions and interpretations of the rules and regulations will be made by Presenter, and its judgment will be final.
19. This duck race is a licensed fund-raising event of Great American Duck Races, Inc. d/b/a Great American Merchandise & Events ("GAME"). The logo and name Great American Duck Races are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without GAME’s written consent. For more information, please log on to www.game-group.com or call 602-957-3825. All contributions are retained by Ocala Rotary Foundation, Inc. and no percentage of the contributions are retained by GAME or any sponsors.
20. Ocala Rotary Foundation, Inc (registration Number CH33488) has complied with registration requirements of Chapter 496, Florida Statutes. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. Registration information is available by calling 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) or visiting https://www.fdacs.gov/Consumer-Resources/Charities/Charities
21. BY ADOPTING A DUCK AND ENTERING, YOU RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THE PRESENTER, ITS AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, VOLUNTEERS, SPONSORS, AND OTHER RELATED ENTITIES AND PERSONS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL INJURIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION, OR LIABILITIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE IN ANY RESPECT, PARTICIPATION IN THIS EVENT, OR ATTENDANCE OF THE DUCK RACE.