Rules and Regulations
Presented by the Center for Prevention of Abuse, a 501(c)(3) Corporation (Tax Exempt Charity) Tax I.D. #37-1037950
1. A maximum of 35,000 ducks will be entered in the race.
2. Ducks will be launched down the slip-n-slide at approximately 6:00 p.m. on August 24, 2019. The race course will be established by the Presenter.
3. All ducks entered will be provided by the Presenter and shall remain the property of the Presenter.
4. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the Race Committee. The race course will close 30 minutes after the first duck has crossed the finish line. Any ducks finishing after that time will not be eligible for prizes.
5. A different duck number will be assigned to each duck adoption that corresponds to the person's name on the entry form. The person's name that appears on the entry ticket corresponding to the first ducks in order of finishing will be awarded prizes. A list of prizes can be obtained from the Presenter by sending a written request and a self-addressed stamped return envelope to: the Center for Prevention of Abuse, P.O. Box 3855, Peoria, IL 61612-3855.
6. The Presenter reserves the right, at its sole option, to substitute prizes of comparable value.
7. The combined retail value of all prizes will be at least $10,620.
8. The entry portion of each race ticket must be completely filled out and delivered to Presenter or an authorized representative of Presenter or mailed to Presenter at the address set forth in paragraph (5) above, and actually received by Presenter prior to the race for a ticket to be eligible to win any prize. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to Presenter or an authorized representative of the Presenter. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
9. No purchase is necessary in order to enter or win. Presenter does request a $5.00 donation per entry to benefit the Center for Prevention of Abuse. Proceeds of this event will go to the Center for Prevention of Abuse, a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
10. Free entry tickets defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. However, one free entry ticket per person can be obtained by presenting a handwritten request therefore to the address listed in paragraph (5) above and submitting therewith a self-addressed stamped envelope for mailing of the entry ticket. Requests for free tickets made after 4:00 p.m. on August 16, 2019, or after 35,000 ducks have been adopted will not be honored.
11. Winners will be announced at EastSide Centre as soon as possible after the conclusion of the Duck Race on August 24, 2019. Entrants will, where necessary, also be notified by United States mail or telephone. Race winners need not be present to win. If any race winner does not claim his or her prize from the Presenter at the address listed in paragraph (5) above within 30 days after August 24, 2019, Presenter will select a winner through a random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
12. Officers, directors and staff of the Center for Prevention of Abuse and their immediate families (living in the same house) are not eligible to win. Winners must be 18 years of age or older and must prove eligibility.
13. No cash equivalent prizes will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any and all taxes and similar fees are the sole responsibility of the winner.
14. By entering, entrants release Presenter and its officers, directors, and staff and other related entities from all liability with respect to prizes.
15. By entering, winner consents to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without additional compensation.
16. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
17. This event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
18. The conduct of the race and the determination of race winners will be audited by a representative of an independent auditing firm. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by Presenter and its judgment is final.
19. The logo of the Duck Race is a registered trademark and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use it without the expressed written consent of the Center for Prevention of Abuse Duck Race.
20. A copy of these rules and regulations is available from Presenter at the address listed in paragraph five (5) above.
21. All mailed entry forms must be postmarked by midnight August 19, 2019. Any entry forms postmarked after August 19, 2019 will be considered a donation to the Center for Prevention of Abuse. Ducks may be adopted in person at the EastSide Centre "duck sales" booth up to the time the Presenter deems appropriate before the start of the race.
22. Prizes are not transferable and must be picked up within 30 days.