1. A complete set of official rules for this race can be obtained from the Rotary Club of Reedy River Greenville by sending a written request and a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address: Rotary Club of the Reedy River Greenville, 325 Rocky Slope Rd, Suite 104, Greenville, SC 29607. Rules are also posted at www.reedyriverduckderby.com.
2. In case of inclement weather, acts of God or other circumstances, the Presenter reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race, or determine winners by a random drawing, at its sole discretion.
3. All ducks entered will be provided by the Presenter and shall remain our property.
4. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the Race Committee. The race course will close 60 minutes after the first duck has crossed the finish line and/or been gathered into duck traps. Any ducks finishing after that time will not be eligible for prizes.
5. A number will be attached to each duck relating to the number on an entry ticket. Multiple duck entries from one ticket will be assigned additional duck numbers for identification. The person’s name who appears on the entry ticket corresponding to the first duck in order of finish will be awarded the prize. A list of prizes can be obtained from the Presenter by sending a written request and a self-addressed stamped return envelope to 325 Rocky Slope Rd, Suite 104, Greenville, SC 29607.
6. Only completed entry forms will be accepted. Mailed entries must be received by Presenter by May 1, 2023. Entries must be mailed to 325 Rocky Slope Rd, Suite 104, Greenville, SC 29607. All other entries must be received by an authorized representative of Presenter and received by Presenter before the race. If available, ducks can be adopted the day of the race. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to Presenter or an authorized representative of the Presenter.
7. Winners will be announced at the Falls Park at approximately 3:00 PM following the conclusion of the race on May 1, 2023. Winners will, where necessary, also be notified by United States mail or telephone. A winner is entitled to receive only the prize awarded and is responsible for all applicable federal and state taxes and license or registration fees payable in connection with that prize. No cash equivalent prizes will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes.
8. Million Dollar Duck: One Duck in every 3,000 ducks in the duck race will be randomly selected as a potential winning Million Dollar Duck by a third party. The winning duck numbers are selected prior to the race and kept in a sealed security envelope. When the first adopted duck in the first position crosses the finish line, a race official will determine whether the duck is one of the pre-selected million dollar winning ducks. If it is, the Entrant wins the million dollar prize. If it is not, the million dollar prize will not be awarded. The odds of being pre-selected as a potential winner of the Million Dollar Duck are approximately 1:3,000. The odds of being the 1st place duck and winning this prize are dependent upon the number of entries. The million dollar prize is paid in forty (40) equal annual installments of $25,000 each without interest. A third party promotion company is under contract with the Presenter for this Million Dollar Duck promotion and is solely responsible for paying the million dollar prize. In no event shall the Presenter or its sponsors be liable for the million dollar prize. Entrant waives any and all claims against Presenter and its event sponsors as to the million dollar prize.
9. Prizes awarded to minors will be awarded to their parents or legal guardian.
10. Winners are required to provide proper identification and social security number.
11. By entering, winners consent to promotional use of their names and likeness without additional compensation.
12. Prizes will be awarded “as is” and no substitution of prizes will be permitted. Presenter will have no liability with respect to any prize awarded.
13. Duck race entrants need not be present to win.
14. If a winner does not come forward to claim the prize won within 30 days following the race, that prize will be forfeited and Presenter will declare another winner for that prize.
15. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
16. Employees, agents, successors, and assignee's of Presenter, its advertising agencies and promotional companies involved with this Promotion, as well as family members (living in household) of same, shall be ineligible to participate in promotion and shall be ineligible for any prize covered herein.
17. Names, and likeness of Promotion winner(s) may be used by Presenter and Presenters designee(s) for promotional purposes without further compensation to Presenter or the Promotion winner(s).
18. By entering, entrants release the Presenter, sponsors, employees, and their officers, directors, staff and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to prizes and to bodily injury or damage to property on the event site and surrounding parking areas, whether or not due to negligence of the Presenter, sponsors, and their officers, directors, staff and other related entities.
19. This event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and is voided where prohibited by law.
20. The conduct of this race and the determination of race winners will be witnessed by a representative of an independent accounting firm. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by Presenter, and judgment is final. If deemed necessary, Presenter has the discretion to modify rules.
21. Directors of Presenter shall be ineligible to participate in the promotion and shall be ineligible for any prize.