Presented by Delaware Humane Association, a 501(c)(3) organization
- Ducks will be propelled across the Fountain around 2:30 pm on Sunday, October 8, 2017. Weather conditions or other interferences may affect race time. The first 5 ducks to reach the trap in succession will be plucked from the water and holders of the corresponding numbers will be awarded prizes.
- Presenter reserves the right, in its discretion, to cancel, postpone, reschedule or relocate the event due to inclement weather, acts of God, or other circumstances beyond the Presenter's reasonable control. In the event that the race cannot occur, winners will be determined by a random drawing conducted by the Presenter.
- Only rubber ducks provided by Presenter will be entered, and all ducks remain the property of Presenter.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to adopt a duck and win a prize.
- A waterproof tag with a number will be attached to each racing duck. A computer will then randomly assign the numbers on the ducks to the numbers on the adoption papers. The person listed on the adoption paper corresponding to the winning duck tag number will be awarded the prize. Positive identification is required (i.e. valid driver's license) and the claimant must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ducks can be adopted online or by submitting a printed adoption paper. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completely filled out and delivered to the Presenter or an authorized representative or mailed to the Presenter at the address found on the adoption paper, and actually received by the Presenter prior to the race to be eligible to win a prize. Mailed entry forms must be received by Presenter no later than September 30, 2016. Entrants assume responsibility for non-deliverable entries and entries not delivered timely.
All ducks adopted will be automatically registered for a chance to win $25,000 during our post-race Duck Pluck. One duck tag number from every 3,000 potential winning numbers will be randomly selected prior to the race and kept in a sealed secured envelope. A race official will determine whether the duck has one of the pre-selected winning tag numbers (another duck may be selected if the first duck tag number does not correspond to an adopted entry). If the tag numbers are an identical match, the duck adopter wins the $25,000 cash prize. If not, the prize will NOT be awarded. DHA has contracted with a third-party prize provider for payment of the $25,000 prize amount to a valid, verified winner, if any. Decisions regarding winner verification shall be that of the third-party prize provider, which are final and binding in all respects.
- Winners will be announced. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/ or US mail. Winners need not be present to win. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 30 days of race date, or if the Presenter is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Presenter will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
- By entering, winners consent to the promotion of their names and likenesses without additional compensation.
- Members of the Board of Directors and employees of DHA and their immediate family members are not eligible to win. For the purposes of this event, "immediate family members" are those who are currently living in the entrant's household. Owners of companies involved in the event (providing prizes, sponsorships, media coverage, etc) are not eligible to win; however their employees are eligible to win prizes. Also, neither the person appointed by DHA to pull the winning ducks from the trap nor any relative of said person shall be eligible to win.
- Presenter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute prizes of comparable value. No cash equivalents will be awarded in lieu of designated prizes. Any and all taxes, fees or similar costs associated with any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. IRS forms for the prize value will be issued where required to all winners.
- By entering, entrants release Presenter and its officers, directors and staff, sponsors, and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to prizes.
- Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entrants.
- Duck purchases are considered to be like raffle tickets and are therefore not eligible for tax-deductions.
- This event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- Duck logos and likenesses are registered trademarks of GAME, Inc. and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without expressed written consent. To contact GAME, Inc., log on to game-group.com or call (602) 957-3825.