To Choose your favorite Non-Profit Team or School to support, follow the instructions below:
On the website, click on the “Teams” tab at the top. Scroll down to select your non-profit or school. Once you have clicked on your selection, click on “Adopt a Duck Now”. Your adoptions will be credited to the non-profit or school you have chosen.
The Fayetteville Duck Derby has exciting news!!!! This year for the first time ever, we will be dropping ducks into the Cross Creek at Festival Park on Sunday during the Dogwood Festival on April 26, 2015.
What is the Fayetteville Duck Derby? Simple, we drop thousands of rubber ducks in the Cross Creek at Festival Park on Sunday of the Dogwood Festival. The first five ducks that cross the finish line receives a prize. The Grand Prize for the first duck is a 22’ Traveling Trailer Camper donated by Camping World of Fayetteville NC.
- The Fayetteville Duck Derby raises money to support over 25+ local non-profit organizations and schools in Cumberland County.
- Ducks go on sale following the VERY IMPORTANT DUCK (VID) LAUNCH PARTY (February 12, 2015, see info below)
- To get in the race it’s only $5 a duck.
- Anyone can adopt a duck! The first 5 ducks to cross the finish line win big prizes and for the FIRST TIME EVER, there will be a last place winning duck!
To Adopt Ducks IT’S AS EASY AS 1-2-3
1. Adopt ducks here and order your ducks with a credit/debit card.
2. Complete the attached Duck Adoption Form tab, place it inside the detachable envelope with your donation, and mail to PO Box 1171, Fayetteville NC 28302
3. Visit Fayetteville Urban Ministry at 701 Whitfield St., Fayetteville, NC 28306 and adopt your duck, Mon.-Thurs, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., Fri. 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. (910) 483-5944.
Mark your calendars for three key events for Press Opportunities:
- The Very Important Duck (VID) Party on Thursday, February 12th 2015 (6:30pm – 8:30pm The Cape Fear Botanical Garden ) This party launches “Adopt A Duck Campaign”. The VID is held in honor of our sponsors, participating non-profits and volunteers. The theme is “Old Hollywood” and cocktail attire, so be ready to impress. We also invite business owners, civic/military leaders, the media and prominent community leaders. This is great networking event so bring plenty of business cards.
- The Duck Tagging Party on Wednesday, April 22rd 2015 (6pm – 9pm Re-Store Warehouse on Forsythe Street ) Volunteers will “tag” each duck with a number corresponding to a duck adoption. The media loves both parties. The coverage generated increases our duck adoptions and awareness of the event.
- The Fayetteville Duck Derby on Sunday, April 26th 2015 (3pm Corporate Duck Race and Main Event immediately following @ Dogwood Festival in Festival Park) A free family-friendly festival, featuring live entertainment a kid’s zone, food and merchandise vendors, advertising of your dealership and an opportunity for each our non-profits to share their mission.
2015 Forest Wildwood 22ft Travel Trailer Camper
1- GRAND PRIZE: Camper, and if present $150 Cash donated by Camping World of Fayetteville NC
2- 65” Flat Screen TV, will get the inch size donated by Walmart Distribution
3- Set of tires from Ed’s Tires (up to $500)
4-Full year membership at Renaissance Spa
5- $250 grocery shopping gift card
Last Place – Camping Tent donated by Camping World
For more information, please call Brandon Price,(910)483-5944 ext. 204 to set up interview and/or tour of all that Fayetteville Urban Ministry does or visit www.fayurbmin.org.
With your support we can “Build a Better Community” and a stronger one for years to come.