1. The Graham Duck Derby is produced by the Rotary Club of Graham (the “Producer), a charitable organization under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code, whose mission is to come together to create positive, lasting change in our communities and around the world.
2. A minimum of 10,000 ducks will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
3. All ducks entered are and shall remain property of the Rotary Club of Graham. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the race committee.
4. The Graham Duck Derby will start at approximately 4 p.m. at Fireman's Park on September 17, 2022. The race course will be established by the race committee. The Rotary Club of Graham reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond the Rotary Club of Graham's control.
5. A number will be attached on the bottom of each duck called the tag number. The individuals names associated with the first ducks in order of finish as gathered in the duck trap or collected by the Producer will be awarded prizes. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winner will be notified by
6. A copy of the rules and regulations, a list of prizes and, after the event, a list of prize winners can be obtained from the Producers by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope
7. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Producers or an authorized representative of the Producers or mailed to the Producers at the address set forth in rule (6) and actually received by the Producers by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 16, 2022 to be eligible to win any prizes. Entries received after 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 16, 2022, and any entries purchased on race day are subject to the availability of ducks, and in the event the number of these entries exceeds the available number of ducks, these entrants will not be eligible to win any prizes. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to the Producers or to an authorized representative of the Producers.
8. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producers, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
9. A minimum donation of $5.00 is requested. Free entries defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. One duck adoption Entry per person, without
10. The winner of any Prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. If the Prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize on their behalf. Winner need not be present to win.
11. Winners will be announced following the Graham Duck Derby. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 30 days of race date, or if the Presenter is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
13. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by the Rotary Club of Graham's Duck Derby Committee and its judgment is final.
14. In case of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances preventing the running of the race, ducks will be selected randomly and winners will be notified by telephone.
15. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
16. The Graham Duck Derby and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Producer’s express written consent.
17. The Derby Duck Race/Turtle Turbo Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.