1. A minimum of 2,000 turtles will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
2. All turtles entered are and shall remain property of Turtles to the Rescue. Once the turtles are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any turtle is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the race committee.
3. Turtles to the Rescue will take place on April 11, 2021. The race course will be established by the race committee. Turtles to the Rescue reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond Turtles to the Rescue's control.
4. A number will be attached on the bottom of each turtle called the tag number. The individuals names associated with the tag numbers on the first turtles plucked or collected by the Producer will be awarded prizes. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winners will be notified by mail and must pick up their prize from the Producer by May 11, 2021.
5. A copy of the Rules and Regulations, a list of Prizes and, after the event, a list of Prize Winners can be obtained from the Producers by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope to: 3938 Barnes Mill Rd., Hamilton, GA 31811.
6. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Producers or an authorized representative of the Producers or mailed to the Producers at the address set forth in rule (6) and received by the Producers by April 1, 2021 at 5:00 PM to be eligible to win any prizes. Adoption forms received through the mail after such time will be considered a donation to the Humane Society of Harris County and not an entry into the turtle race. Entrants assume the risk of non - delivery of any entries to the Producer. Turtles may be adopted in person at the event booth up until the time the Producer deems appropriate before the start of the race or until all available turtles have been adopted.
7. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producers, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
8. A minimum donation of $5.00 is requested. Free entries defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. However, one free entry per person can be obtained by presenting a handwritten request to the Humane Society of Harris County and submitting a self-addressed stamped return envelope for mailing of entry ticket. Requests for free entries after 2000 turtles have been adopted will not be honored. All requests must be made before April 11, 2021.
9. The winner of any prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. If the prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize on their behalf. Winner need not be present to win.
10. Winners will be announced following Turtles to the Rescue. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 30 days of race date, or if the Presenter is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
11. Organization board members and their immediate family members are not eligible to win any prizes from this event.
12. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by the Turtles to the Rescue Committee and its judgment is final.
13. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
14. The Turtles to the Rescue and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Producer’s express written consent.
15. The Derby Duck Race/Turtle Turbo Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.