The 2021 Deputy Duck Derby Rules and Regulations
1. The Deputy Duck Derby is produced by Crime Stoppers of Tangipahoa, The “Producer”, a charitable organization under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. “Crime Stoppers of Tangipahoa, Inc., provides a platform for parish law enforcement to receive information (tips) anonymously on crimes from concerned community members. This effort increases tips which in turn increase the number of crimes solved and arrests in Tangipahoa Parish.”
2. A minimum of 5,000 ducks will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
3. All ducks entered are and shall remain property of the Deputy Duck Derby. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the race committee.
4. The Deputy Duck Derby will launch ducks in Hammond starting at noon on race day, November 6, 2021. The race course will be established by the race committee. The Deputy Duck Derby committee reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond the Deputy Duck Derby’s control.
5. A number will be attached on the bottom of each duck called the tag number. The individuals associated with the tag numbers on the first ducks plucked or collected by the Producer will be awarded prizes. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winners will be notified by phone or mail and must claim their prize from the Producer within one month of the race completion.
6. A copy of the Rules and Regulations, a list of Prizes and, after the event, a list of Prize Winners can be obtained from the Producers by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope to: Crime Stoppers of Tangipahoa P.O. Box 2973. Hammond, LA 70404.
7. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Producers or an authorized representative of the Producers or mailed to the Producers at the address set forth in rule (6) and received by the Producers by noon on the day prior to the event to be eligible to win any prizes. Adoptions forms received through the mail after such time will be considered a donation to the Crime Stoppers of Tangipahoa and not an entry into the duck race. Entrants assume the risk of non - delivery of any entries to the Producer. Ducks may be adopted in person at the event booth up until the time the Producer deems appropriate before the start of the race or until all available ducks have been adopted.
8. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producers, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
9. A minimum donation of $5.00 is requested. Free entries defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged.
10. The winner of any prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. If the prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize on their behalf. Winner need not be present to win.
11. Winners will be announced following the Deputy Duck Derby. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 30 days of race date, or if the Presenter is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
12. Organization board members and their immediate family members are not eligible to win the grand prize from this event.
13. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by the Deputy Duck Derby Committee and its judgment is final.
14. In case of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances preventing the running of the race, ducks will be selected randomly, and winners will be notified by telephone.
15. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
16. The Deputy Duck Derby and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Producer’s express written consent.
17. The Derby Duck Race is a registered trademark of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.