Palm Beach Duck Dash Rules and Regulations
1. The Palm Beach Duck Dash is produced by Special Olympics Florida – Palm Beach County (the “Producer), a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Tax ID #: 23-7181560
2. The mission of the organization is whose mission is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition for people 8 years of age and older with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills, and friendships with their families, other Special Olympic athletes and the community.
3. A minimum of 5,000 ducks will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
4. All ducks entered are and shall remain property of Special Olympics Florida – Palm Beach County. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the race committee.
5. The Palm Beach Duck Dash will start at approximately 10:30am at Rapids Water Park on November 7th, 2021. The race course will be established by the race committee. Special Olympics Florida – Palm Beach County reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond the control of the organization.
6. A number will be attached on the bottom of each duck relating to the number on the adoption papers. The person’s name appearing on the adoption papers corresponding to the first ducks in order of finish as gathered in the duck trap or collected by the Producer will be awarded prizes. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winner will be notified by mail, and must pick up their prize from Special Olympics FL - Palm Beach County by December 2nd, 2021.
7. A copy of the rules and regulations, a list of prizes, and a list of prize winners (following the event) can be obtained from the Producers by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Special Olympics Florida – Palm Beach County
Palm Beach Duck Dash
2728 Lake Worth Rd.
Lake Worth, FL 33461
8. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Producer or an authorized representative of the Producers or mailed to the Producers at the address set forth in rule (7) and actually received by the Producers by 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 6th, 2021 to be eligible to win any prizes. Entries received after 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 6th, 2021, and any entries purchased on race day are subject to the availability of ducks, and in the event the number of these entries exceeds the available number of ducks, these entrants will not be eligible to win any prizes. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to the Producers or to an authorized representative of the Producers.
9. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producers, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
10. A minimum donation of $5.00 is requested. Free entries defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. However, one free entry per person can be obtained by presenting a handwritten request to address set forth in rule (7), and submitting a self-addressed stamped return envelope for mailing of entry ticket. Requests for free entries after 5,000 ducks have been adopted will not be honored. All requests must be made before November 6th, 2021.
11. The winner of any Prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. If the Prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize on their behalf. Winner need not be present to win.
12. Winners will be announced following the Palm Beach Duck Dash. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 30 days of race date, or if the Presenter is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
13. Special Olympics Florida – Palm Beach County staff members are not eligible to win 1st prize. In the event the 1st prize duck belongs to an “ineligible” person, the 1st prize will be awarded to the 2nd place duck, and the eligible person will be awarded 2nd prize.
14. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by Special Olympic’s Duck Dash Committee and its judgment is final.
15. In case of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances preventing the running of the race. Ducks will be selected randomly and winners will be notified by telephone.
16. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
17. The Palm Beach Duck Dash and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Producer’s express written consent.
18. The Derby Duck Race/Turtle Turbo Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.