Duck Pluck Festival Official Rules and Regulations
Presented by The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Red River Valley, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
1. The Duck Pluck Festival is produced by the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Red River Valley (referred to as “Producer”), a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Red River Valley offers a safe place for youth to learn and grow where hope and opportunity is provided through life-enhancing programs and character development experiences.
2. A minimum of 5,000 ducks will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
3. All ducks entered are and shall remain property of Boys & Girls Clubs of the Red River Valley. Once the ducks are dropped, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the race committee.
4. The Duck Pluck Festival will be at Urban Plains Park on Saturday, September 12, 2020. The race course/duck pluck will be established by the race committee. The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Red River Valley reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond The Boys & Girls Clubs' control.
5. A number will be attached on the bottom of each duck relating to the number on the adoption papers. The person’s name appearing on the adoption papers corresponding to the first ducks in order of finish as gathered in the duck trap or collected by the Producer will be awarded prizes. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winner will be notified by mail, and must pick up their prize from Producer by September 30th, 2020.
6. A copy of the rules and regulations, a list of prizes and, after the event, a list of prize winners can be obtained from the Producers by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope to: Boys & Girls Clubs of the Red River Valley, 2500 18th Street South, Fargo, ND 58103
7. The entry portion of each adoption papers must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Producers or an authorized representative of the Producers or mailed to the Producers at the address set forth in rule (6) and actually received by the Producers by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 11, 2020 to be eligible to win any prizes. Entries received after 5:00 p.m. on Friday, , and any entries purchased on race day are subject to the availability of ducks, and in the event the number of these entries exceeds the available number of ducks, these entrants will not be eligible to win any prizes. The Producers cannot guarantee that any entry received after these deadlines will be eligible to win any prizes. Except as otherwise provided by the Producers, no other entrants are eligible to win any prizes. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to the Producers or to an authorized representative of the Producers.
8. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producers, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
9. Due to value received, entries are not considered tax deductible by the IRS.
10. A minimum donation of $5.00 is requested. Free entries defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. However, one free entry per person can be obtained by presenting a handwritten request to the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Red River Valley and submitting a self-addressed stamped return envelope for mailing of entry ticket. Requests for free entries after 5000 ducks have been adopted will not be honored. All requests must be made before May 1, 2020 by going in-person to the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Red River Valley administrative office at 2500 18th Street South Fargo, ND 58103.
11. The winner of any Prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. If the Prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize on their behalf. Winner need not be present to win.
12. Winners will be announced following the Duck Pluck Festival. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 30 days of race date, or if the Producer is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
13. The Boys & Girls Clubs board members and their immediate family members and the Boys & Girls Clubs employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to win any prizes from this event.
14. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by the Boys & Girls Clubs Race Committee and its judgment is final.
15. In case of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances preventing the plucking of the ducks, ducks will be selected randomly and winners will be notified by telephone.
16. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local law regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
17. The Duck Pluck Festival and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Producer’s express written consent.
The Derby Duck Race/Turtle Turbo Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.