The 2020 Great Acadiana Running of the Ducks Rules and Regulations
1. The is Great Acadiana Running of the Ducks produced by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana, The “Producer”, a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, whose mission is To Enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
2. A minimum of 30,000 ducks will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
3. All ducks entered are and shall remain property of the Great Acadiana Running of the Ducks. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the race committee.
4. The Great Acadiana Running of the Ducks will start at 6PM Virtually on August 26th, 2020. The race course will be established by the race committee Great Acadiana Running of the Ducks and reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond the Great Acadiana Running of the Duck’s control.
5. A number will be attached on the bottom of each duck relating to the number on the adoption papers. The person’s name appearing on the adoption papers corresponding to the first ducks in order of finish as gathered in the duck trap or collected by the Producer will be awarded prizes. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winners will be notified by mail, phone and/or email and must pick up their prize from the Producer by September, 30th, 2020.
6. A copy of the Rules and Regulations, a list of Prizes and, after the event, a list of Prize Winners can be obtained from the Producers by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope to: Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana, P.O. Box 62166, Lafayette, LA. 70596-2166.
7. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Producers or an authorized representative of the Producers or mailed to the Producers at the address set forth in rule (6) and received by the Producers by 4PM August 26th, 2020 to be eligible to win any prizes. Adoptions forms received through the mail after 4PM Tuesday August 25th will be considered a donation to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana and not an entry into the duck race. Entrants assume the risk of non - delivery of any entries to the Producer. Ducks may be adopted in person at the event booth up until the time the Producer deems appropriate before the start of the race or until all available ducks have been adopted.
8. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producers, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
9. A minimum donation of $5.00 is requested. Free entries defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. However, one free entry per person can be obtained by presenting a handwritten request to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana and submitting a self-addressed stamped return envelope for mailing of entry ticket. Requests for free entries after 5000 ducks have been adopted will not be honored. All requests must be made before August 7th, 2020 by going in-person to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana’s administrative office at 1405 W. Pinhook Rd. Suite 108 in Lafayette.
10. The winner of any prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. If the prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize on their behalf. Winner need not be present to win.
11. Winners will be announced following the 2020 Great Acadiana Running of the Ducks Virtual Race. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 30 days of race date, or if the Presenter is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
12. Organization board members and their immediate family members and Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana employees are not eligible to win any prizes from this event.
13. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by the Great Acadiana Running of the Ducks Committee and its judgment is final.
14. The race committee reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the event because of inclement weather, acts of God, or other circumstances beyond the committee’s control.
15. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
16. The Great Acadiana Running of the Ducks and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Producer’s express written consent.
17. The Derby Duck Race/Turtle Turbo Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.