Official Race Rules & Regulations
1) The 2023 Acadiana Duck Derby is presented for the benefit of Second Harvest Food Bank of Greater New Orleans and Acadiana, a non-profit organization under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code (the “Presenter”). Its gaming license number is E0004980.
2) The 2023 Acadiana Duck Derby shall be open to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age (entrant). Prize winners must be individuals at least 18 years or older, or a parent or guardian must accept the prize. Winners must show proper identification when claiming prizes. The prizes may not be substituted or exchanged.
3) The entry information portion of each Duck Race Entry form must be completely filled out and delivered to the Presenter or an authorized representative of the Presenter or mailed to the Presenter at Acadiana Duck Derby benefiting Second Harvest Food Bank, 215 E. Pinhook, Lafayette, LA 70501. Mailed forms must be delivered by Friday, April 14, 2023 by 4:00 p.m. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to the Presenter.
4) Winner will be drawn at approximately 2 p.m. CST Saturday, April 15, 2023. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries. A minimum of 15,000 ducks will be entered.
5) A number will be attached to each duck relating to the number on the official duck entry form. Multiple duck entries on one form will be assigned a separate duck number for identification. The person whose name appears on the Entry form that matches a winning duck will be awarded the corresponding prize in order of finish.
6) All ducks entered into the 2023 Acadiana Duck Derby will be provided by the Presenter and will remain the property of the Presenter.
7) The event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
8) Any and all federal, state and local taxes and fees on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Appropriate tax forms must be completed in full by the winner prior to receipt of prize. No cash equivalent will be awarded in lieu of designated prizes.
9) By participating, the Entrants release the Presenter and its directors, managers, staff, volunteers and other related event partners and sponsors from liability with respect to all prizes.
10) The retail value for the prizes has been determined by the donors and has not been independently appraised by Second Harvest Food Bank. All prizes will be awarded and no substitutions will be allowed.
11) The Presenter reserves the right, at its sole option, to substitute prizes of comparable value.
12) In case of any public health restrictions, inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances that prevent the launch of the ducks, Duck Race prizes will be presented through a random drawing.
13) Employees and directors of Second Harvest Food Bank and members of their family living in the same household are not eligible to win prizes.
14) By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without additional compensation.
15) All decisions and interpretations of rules, regulations and final determination of winners shall be made by Presenter.
16) Entrants need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by email, telephone or mail within 5 days of the Duck Race.
17) A list of prize winners will be posted at www.no-hunger.org/ducks or may be obtained by sending a written request and a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address in paragraph No. 3.
18) A copy of these rules and regulations may be obtained by sending a written request and self-addressed stamped envelope to the address listed in paragraph No. 3.
19) Raffle purchases may not be fully deductible as a charitable contribution. Please check with your tax advisor.
20) The 2023 Acadiana Duck Derby is a licensed fundraising event of Second Harvest Food Bank of Greater New Orleans and Acadiana. Duck logos and likenesses are registered trademarks of Great American Duck Races, Inc. and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the expressed written consent of Great American Duck Races, LLC. The Second Harvest Food Bank logo and name are registered trademarks of Second Harvest Food Bank of Greater New Orleans and Acadiana and cannot be used or copied without its written consent. For more information, please log on to www.no-hunger.org or call 504.729.2820.