1. Ducks will be dumped into a pre-constructed holding space at approximately 11:00am on May 2, 2020. Chances of winning are dependent on number of entries. The holding space will be established by the Producer.
2. All ducks entered will be provided by and shall remain the property of the Producer.
3. Once the ducks are dumped, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere
with any duck is permitted unless deemed necessary by the Race Committee. The
race course will close 15 minutes after the first prize winning eligible ducks have
crossed the finish line. Any ducks finishing after that time will not be eligible for prizes.
4. A number will be attached to each duck relating to the number on an entry ticket.
Multiple duck entries from one ticket will be assigned additional duck numbers
for identification purposes. The person’s name that appears on the entry ticket
corresponding to the first ducks in order of finish will be awarded prizes. Positive identification
will be required to claim any prize. A list of prizes can be obtained from the
Producer by sending a written request and a self-addressed stamped return envelope
to: The Arizona Pet Project, 3905 N 7th Avenue #7611, Phoenix, AZ 85011.
5. Producer reserves the right, at its sole option, to substitute prizes of comparable value.
6. The combined retail value of all prizes will be at least $10,000.
7. The entry portion of each race ticket must be completely filled out and delivered to the
Producer, or an authorized representative of the Producer, or mailed to the Producer
at the address set forth in paragraph four above and actually received by the Producer
prior to 1:00 p.m. on May 1, 2020 for a ticket to be eligible to win any prize. No
other tickets are eligible to win any prize. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of
any entries to Producer or an authorized representative of Producer.
8. Ducks will be available for purchase on race day if we have not sold out of ducks. If all of the ducks have been adopted before race day, adoptions will be closed and no ducks will be available for purchase.
9. Winners will be announced following the duck pluck- on location - on Saturday, May 2, 2020. The winner of any Prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales, income, etc. taxes or other fees associated with the prize. If the Prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize on their
behalf. Where necessary, winners could also be notified by first class, postage prepaid mail sent via USPS; email; text; or, by telephone. Race winners need not be present to win. A list of race winners can be obtained from the Producer by sending a written request and a self addressed, stamped return envelope to Producer at the address
listed in paragraph four above. If any race winner does not claim his or her prize from Producer, at the address listed in paragraph four above, by 5:00 p.m., June 2, 2020, the Producer will select a substitute winner through a random drawing of entry tickets.
10. Prizes will only be guaranteed delivery within a 30 mile radius of race site.
11. Each winner has sole responsibility for paying any and all taxes and similar fees on any
prize(s) won and must authorize the deduction of such taxes, if any, from the prize(s)
to the extent required by law. No cash equivalent prizes will be provided in lieu of the
12. By entering, entrants release the Producer and its members, directors, agents, employees,
and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to prizes.
13. By entering, winners consent to promotional use of their names and likeness without
14. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
15. This event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void
where prohibited by law.
16. The conduct of the race, the determination of race winners and the random drawing
for additional prizes will be a Committee of the Producer. All decisions and interpretations
of rules and regulations will be made by the Producer and its judgment is final.
17. The Desert Duck Derby and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and
no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the
Producer’s express written consent.
18. A copy of these rules and regulations is available from the Producer at the address
19. If the Producer determines, in its sole discretion, that the race cannot occur in the case
of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances prevent the running of the race or gathering of people, at the
scheduled time for any reason, then the Producer can postpone the race to another
date and time, by public announcement thereof. In addition, the Producer reserves
the right to randomly select ducks to determine the winners without launching them
onto the lake.
20. The Arizona Pet Project employees are not eligible to win any prizes from this event.
21. A minimum of 8,000 ducks will be in the race. Additional ducks placed in the race will be sold at the discretion of The Producer.