Saco Bay Rotary Foundation
"Saco Bay Rotary Duck Pluck" Raffle Official Rules and Regulations - 2022
- The "Saco Bay Rotary Duck Pluck Raffle" (hereinafter referred to as the "Event") is produced by the Saco Bay Rotary Foundation (hereinafter referred to as the "Producer"). The Producer is a charitable organization as designated under section 501c3 of the Internal Revenue Service tax code, whose mission is to encourage and foster the ideal of community service as a basis of worthwhile enterprise and to help support the financial needs of community based non-profit charitable service organizations through its various fundraising activities.
- A minimum of 5,000 ducks will be entered in the Event. The odds of winning an event-related prize will depend on the total number of qualified entries. All ducks entered in the Event are and shall remain the property of the Producer. Once the ducks are launched on the day of the Event, they will be free to float on their own. No attempt to interfere with the free float process will be permitted unless deemed necessary by an authorized official of the Producer.
- The Event will be held on Thursday, August 25, 2022, at a time and at a venue to be determined by the Producer. The Producer reserves the right to postpone, reschedule, and/or relocate the Event or to Determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather or other circumstances beyond the Producer's control.
- The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and be delivered to the Producer along with the appropriate adoption fee. The entry form must be received by an authorized representative of the
Producer,or mailed to the Producer at the address set forth in rule 9 below and received by the Producer no later than 5:00 PM on Monday, August 22, 2022 to be eligible to win any prizes. Entries received after 5:00 PM on Monday, August 22,2022 and any entries purchased on the date of the Event are subject to the availability of ducks. In the event the number of these late entries exceeds the available number of ducks, these entrants will not be eligible to win any prizes. Except as otherwise provided by the Producer, no other entrants are eligible to win any prizes. Entrants assume the risk of non-timely delivery of any entries to the Producer or its authorized representative. All adoption sales are final; no refunds will be granted.
- A separate and distinct number will be assigned and attached to the bottom of each duck, relating to the number indicated on the related duck's adoption paper. The person's name appearing on the adoption paper corresponding to the first duck and subsequent ducks in order of finish as gathered in the selection mechanism or collected by the Producer will be awarded prizes. Positive identification of the winners will be required to claim any prize(s). Winners will be announced following the Event date. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S mail. If a winner does not claim their prize on or before midnight September 25, 2022, or if the Producer is unable to contact the winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing from the remaining non-winning adoption numbers. All prizes will be awarded.
- The winner of any prize must be over 18 years of age. If the prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or duly authorized guardian may claim the prize on their behalf. Winners need not be present to win. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prizes and paying any expenses associated with any prizes which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Producer must provide a valid federal tax identification number to claim the prizes. The winner will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. By entering the Event, the entrants release the Producer, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and any other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the Event and its related prizes. By entering the Event, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation, monetary or otherwise.
- A copy of these rules and regulations, a list of prizes and a post-event list of prize winners can be obtained from the Producer by sending a written request with a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "Saco Bay Rotary Duck Pluck" Raffle Official Rules and Regulations, c/o Saco Bay Rotary Foundation, PO Box 778, Saco ME 04072
- All decisions affecting the application and interpretation of these rules and regulations will be made solely by the Producer and its judgment is final.
- In case of inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances preventing the completion of the Event on its designated date and/or at is designated venue, duck entry numbers will be selected randomly by the Producer for the awarding of prizes. Winners will be notified by telephone, email and/or US mail and be subject to the same prize claim timing constraints outlined above in rule 5 above.
- The Event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and participation is void where prohibited by law.
- The Event and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and cannot be used or copied without the Producer's express written consent.
- The "Derby Duck Race/Turtle Turbo Trek" are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used without GAME's express written consent.