19TH ANNUAL RUBBER DUCKY FESTIVAL
1. 19th Annual Samuel Dixon’s Duck Dash is produced by Samuel Dixon Family Health Center, Inc. (SDFHC), a non-profit organization under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, for the benefit of providing health services primarily for the uninsured and underinsured residents of the Santa Clarita Valley and neighboring communities.
2. A minimum of 5,000 ducks will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
3. All ducks entered are and shall remain property of SDFHC.
4. Once the ducks are launched, there will be no attempt to free or interfere with any duck while the race is in progress, unless deemed necessary by the Race Committee.
5. The race will begin at noon on October 2, 2021. The racecourse will be established by the SDFHC Race Committee, and the race will take place at the Santa Clarita Aquatic Center. SDFHC reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond SDFHC’s control.
6. A number will be attached to the bottom of each duck. The person’s name corresponding to the ducks in order of finished and gathered in the duck trap will be awarded prizes. Prize winners will be announced following the race. Winners need not to be present. Positive identification and a properly completed IRS form W-9 will be required to claim any prizes. Winners will be contacted by phone and/ or email. Winner must pick up their prize from SDFHC by 4:30 pm on October 15, 2021. SDFHC will select an alternate winner through a random drawing of adoption forms.
7. A copy of the complete Rules and Regulations, a list of prizes and, after the event, a list of prize winners can be obtained from SDFHC by sending a written request with self-addressed envelope to Samuel Dixon Family Health Centers, Inc., 25115 Avenue Stanford, A-104 Valencia CA 91355.
8. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completed in its entirety and delivered to SDFHC or an authorized representative of SDFHC or mailed to SDFHC at the address set forth in Rule Seven (7) and actually received by SDFHC by 5 pm. on Friday, October 1, 2021, to be eligible to receive any prizes. Entries received after 5 pm. on Friday, October 1, 2021, and any entries purchased on race day are subject to the availability of ducks, and in the event the number of these entries exceeds the available ducks, these entrants will not be eligible to win any prizes. SDFHC cannot guarantee that any entry received after these deadlines will be eligible to win any prizes. Except as otherwise provided for by SDFHC, no other entrants are eligible to win any prizes. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to SDFHC or to an authorized representative of SDFHC.
9. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner.
10. By entering, the entrants release SDFHC, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes.
11. By entering, winners’ consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
12. Due to value received, entries are not considered tax deductible by the IRS.
13. A minimum donation of $5 is requested. Free entries defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. No purchase is necessary, and any person may, prior to Monday, September 17, 2021, request one free entry per person, by submitting a written request for such entry and a self-addressed stamped envelope to the mailing address listed in Rule Seven (7). Requests for free entries will not be accepted after 5 pm. on Monday, September 17, 2021, or after 5,000 ducks have been adopted.
14. SDFHC is not responsible for entries lost in the mail.
15. The winner of the Grand Prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the grand prize. If the Grand Prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize.
16. SDFHC board members and their immediate family members, and SDFHC employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to win any prizes from this event. Contracted event coordination firm, employees or members and their immediate families are not eligible to win any prizes from this event.
17. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by SDFHC’s Race Committee, and its judgment is final.