CASA Ducky Derby Official Rules and Regulations
1. The CASA Ducky Derby is produced by CASA of Santa Barbara County (referred to as “Producer”), a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. CASA of Santa Barbara County, a nonprofit organization, recruits, trains and supports community volunteers to serve as advocates for abused and neglected children throughout Santa Barbara County.
2. A minimum of 10,000 ducks will be entered in the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
3. All ducks entered are and shall remain property of CASA of Santa Barbara County. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the race committee.
4. The CASA Ducky Derby will start at 12 pm (noon) at CMT Ranch. The race course will be established by the race committee. CASA of Santa Barbara County reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, Acts of God, or other circumstances beyond CASA of Santa Barbara County’s control.
5. A number will be attached on the bottom of each duck relating to the number on the duck adoption entry form. Multiple duck entries on one adoption form will be assigned a separate duck number for identification. The person whose name appears on the entry form that matches a winning duck will be awarded the corresponding prize in order of finish. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s). Winners must pick up their prize from Producer on or before May 31, 2019.
6. A copy of the rules and regulations, a list of prizes and, after the event, a list of prize winners can be obtained from the Producers by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope to: 2125 S Broadway, Ste 106, Santa Maria, CA 93455
7. The entry portion of each adoption papers must be completed in its entirety and delivered to the Producers or an authorized representative of the Producers or mailed to the Producers at the address set forth in rule (6) and actually received by the Producers by 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 18, 2019 to be eligible to win any prizes. Entries received after 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 18, 2019 and any entries purchased on race day are subject to the availability of ducks, and in the event the number of these entries exceeds the available number of ducks, these entrants will not be eligible to win any prizes. Except as otherwise provided by the Producers, no other entrants are eligible to win any prizes. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to the Producers or to an authorized representative of the Producers.
8. No cash equivalent prizes or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producers, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation.
9. Due to value received, entries are not considered tax deductible by the IRS.
10. A minimum donation of $5.00 is requested. Free entries defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. No purchase is necessary and any person may, prior to May 18, 2019, request one free entry per person, by submitting a written request for such entry and a self-addressed stamped envelope to the mailing address listed in rule six (6). Requests for free entries will not be accepted after 5:00 p.m. on May 18, 2019.
11. The winner of any Prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. If the Prize winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian may claim the prize on their behalf. Winner need not be present to win.
12. Winners will be announced following the CASA Ducky Derby. Winners will also, where necessary, be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 30 days of race date, or if the Producer is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, Producer will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
13. CASA of Santa Barbara County board members and their immediate family members and CASA of Santa Barbara County employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to win any prizes from this event.
14. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by CASA of Santa Barbara County’s Ducky Derby Committee and its judgment is final.
15. In case of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances preventing the running of the race, ducks will be selected randomly and winners will be notified by telephone.
16. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
17. The CASA Ducky Derby and its logo are registered trademarks of the Producer and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the Producer’s express written consent.
18. The Derby Duck Race/Turtle Turbo Trek are registered trademarks of GAME and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.