1. Ducks will be placed into the Lazy River at Holiday Springs Water Park, Texarkana, Arkansas, on Saturday, August 17, 2019. The Event will begin at approximately 10 a.m. The Duck Race will be established by the Presenter.
2. All ducks entered will be provided by the Presenter.
3. Once the ducks are in the water, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted unless deemed necessary by the Event Committee. The race course will close 15 minutes after the first duck has crossed the finish line and/or been gathered into duck traps. Any ducks finishing after that time will not be eligible for prizes.
4. A number will be attached to each duck relating to the number on an entry ticket. Multiple duck entries from one ticket will be assigned additional duck numbers for identification. The persons’ names who appear on the entry tickets corresponding to the first six qualifying ducks in order of finish will be awarded prizes. A list of prize winners can be obtained from the Presenter by sending a written request and a self-addressed stamped return envelope to: The Great Texarkana Duck Race, c/o Friends of the Foundation, CHRISTUS St. Michael Foundation, 2600 St. Michael Drive, Texarkana, Texas 75503.
5. Presenter reserves the right, as its sole option, to substitute prizes of comparable value.
6. The combined retail value of all possible prizes will be approximately $20,000.
7. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completely filled out and delivered to the Presenter or an authorized representative of the Presenter at the address set forth in paragraph four (4) above and actually received by Presenter prior to the event for an adoption paper to be eligible to win any prize. Entrants assume the risk of nondelivery of any entries to Presenter or an authorized representative of the Presenter. Mail entries must be received by Friday, August 16, 2019.
8. Adoption papers can be obtained from the Presenter, from Duck Central at CHRISTUS St. Michael Foundation, 2600 St. Michael Drive, Texarkana, Texas, 75503, from any participating point of purchase display stand, or from any representative or other source authorized by the Presenter.
9. Winners will be announced at Holiday Springs Water Park on Saturday, August 19, 2019. Winners will, where necessary, also be notified by United States mail, telephone, or email. Winners need not be present to win. If any winner does not claim his or her prize within 30 days after August 17, 2019, Presenter will select a replacement winner. All prizes will be awarded.
10. Winners must be 18 years of age or older and must prove eligibility.
11. No cash equivalent prizes will be awarded in lieu of the designated prizes. Any and all taxes, including federal income tax, and similar fees are the sole responsibility of the winner.
12. By entering, entrants release Presenter, sponsors, and their officers, directors, staff, and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to prizes and to bodily injury or damage to property on the event site and surrounding parking areas, whether or not due to negligence of the Presenter, sponsors, and their officers, directors, and other related entities.
13. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and/or likenesses without additional compensation.
14. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
15. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Prior to receiving prize, winner must pay applicable state and federal taxes to CHRISTUS St. Michael Foundation. For additional information, contact Duck Central. See #8.
16. The conduct of the Duck Race, and the determination of winners will be monitored by a representative of an independent accounting firm. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by Presenter, and judgment is final.
17. Excess ducks (not adopted) may be placed in the flock. If excess ducks (not adopted Ducks) are placed in the flock and one is chosen, another duck(s) will be picked until a live duck (adopted duck) is picked.
18. A copy of these rules and regulations is available from Presenter at the address listed in paragraph four (4) above.
19. In case of bad weather, technical difficulties or other acts of God, Presenter reserves the right to select winners by an alternative method.
20. Holiday Cleaner’s Gift Certificate must be used by August 17, 2020, at any Holiday Dry Cleaning & Laundry, Inc. facility. Geographic limits apply.
21. The 2019 Kia Rio LX is white.
22. Admission into the Duck Race at Holiday Springs Water Park will be free with the adoption of one duck ($5 per person) from 9 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. One minor (per duck adopted) will be admitted to the event when accompanied by an adult who adopted a duck. All persons must exit the park by 10:45 a.m. Only 3,000 will be admitted, first come, first serve basis. Monkey Island and Splash Mountain Texarkana will be open from 9 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
23. The logo and name Great American Derby Duck Race are registered trademarks of Great American Merchandise & Events and cannot be used or copied without its written consent.